Multiple Coops

mustanggeniv

Hatching
8 Years
Feb 25, 2011
Hi,
We're looking at doing some breeding and want to build multiple coops. All of the coops online are singular and fantastic, but I'd like to know some great designs that other BYCers have come up with for breeding purposes. I see some threads about it, but not any pictures. I would love to see that as an option on the coop designs page.
Thanks

I have a coop for my breeders. I call it my duplex.
IMG_2919.jpg
IMG_2922.jpg

The first 4 stalls are breeding pens. The 5th stall has 2 brooders and is also used as a holding pen for small babies and mom when needed. The 6th stall is the feed stall where all feed and supplies are stored.
6612_feeding_area.jpg

6612_byc_close_view.jpg

6612_byc_buff.jpg

Pic of 5th stall set up. Mom and babies are in pen and 2 brooders are to the right of the pic. 1 brooder is covered on the side with the feed bag so that the setting hen is not disturberd.
6612_duck_in_brooder.jpg

6612_duck_in_brooder_2.jpg

Inside view of brooder in 5th stall with mama and babies.
6612_best_broody.jpg

I have portable roosts that I can remove and put back in the breeding pens as needed.
6612_web_pics_021.jpg

6612_chicken_house_014.jpg

6612_cockerel.jpg

Portable nesting boxes that are placed in the breeding pens and removed once the breeding pens are transformed back to roost stalls.
6612_nesting_boxes_dog_and_roosters_012.jpg

It may seem and look like a lot of work but this is the most convenient and functional setup that I have ever hard since I have owned chickens.

Back
Top Bottom