Multiple males

Sammi_0411

Crowing
Jun 20, 2020
England UK
Hey so 6 weeks ago i hatched 33 courtaix quail sold 24 now have 9 nt sure on sex no layers yet but thinking crow wise least 3 or 4 are male.....i know thats a dodgy ratio but theres no aggression and they are all very close....il keep eye for any changes but my plan is to keep them all together unless any mating or agression issues will this be ok do u think?
TIA
Sam xx

Hey so 6 weeks ago i hatched 33 courtaix quail sold 24 now have 9 nt sure on sex no layers yet but thinking crow wise least 3 or 4 are male.....i know thats a dodgy ratio but theres no aggression and they are all very close....il keep eye for any changes but my plan is to keep them all together unless any mating or agression issues will this be ok do u think?
TIA
Sam xx
I personally think that would be alright unless they show signs of aggression towards each other. good luck!

I keep my males numbers low, so I can’t say from experience, but I believe they can turn on each other very quickly, and there can be serious injury or even death from the first fight. You could wake up, or come home from the store and have a crime scene waiting for you.

I think having lots of space is a big factor. Also that they grew up together. But in the end you still have to keep an eye out for signs of violence and overmated hens.

I agree with everyone but from my experience keeping males together can go any way. My friend bought what she was told was 4 females which turned out to be 3 males and 1 female (which sadly passed). There was some fighting between males but with lots of space and because some grew up together she still has two males in an enclosure. This however is different because they have other birds which are bigger and they probably feel less territorial. Just make sure you keep an eye on them because males can go either way but in the end it’s really your choice. :)

So not sure whats going on maybe i was wrong after observing last couple days this is only one that crows ... nt sure if that cuz rest female or cuz other males keeping quiet to keep the peace lol still have no idea wat i have 🙈🙈

Back
Top Bottom