Multiple Perches

If space was not limited, what would be the space between each perch, how much higher would the second perch be, and how many perches could be "stair stepped" before the top perch would be too high?

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

I've never used a perch system like that, so I'm probably not the best qualified person to give advice. Hopefully, other members will come along and help.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC.
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

I don't know the answers to your questions, because I don't have roosts arranged like that. Hopefully, somebody who has made ladder-style roosts will come along soon and help you out.

Last edited:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You might try posting your question in the coop/run design forum. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance I think the answers to your questions might vary, ie depending on the breed of chicken you have, with better flyers like leghorns you could go higher before you worry about the birds flying off (birds often will go up a ladder, but just fly down if they can).

High perches aren't good for heavy breeds, as they land hard on their feet. Welcome to Backyard chickens. Sorry but, I don't know anyone who has perches arranged like your diagram.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I also have never seen a perching system like that but it is cool!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I too have not seen perches like your design. I hope you find the answers you seek in the link that Kelsie has left for you.
Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom