multiplying chicks?!

Are you sure you didn't order cats? We have a Ferrel female cat around hers that seems to do that on a weekly basis!
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png

I'm with Over Easy in Adna on this one ironimagery.
lol.png
I think someone gave into chickaholic syndrome.

Mine still remains a mystery since my DH wouldn't pick up extra chicks, that and there are no Wyandotte chicks available anywhere around here and the extras are two SL Wyandottes.

Well I am positive the wife didn't do it since she is disabled and the only way she can go anywhere is if I take her. And I have not taken her to any feed stores lately. I kind of suspect that I may have a neighbor who doesn't want to mess with raising chicks so thought they would sneak em in and let me raise em. That's OK she doesn't know that I raided her coop one night and now have 3 "new" hens.
D.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Well I am sure she will be getting them back since they are LH and the wife doesn't want white eggs ( shes funny that way since stroke). Besides we are happier with the 3 hens I stole from the same neighbor. They are finally settled in and laying. We got 10 eggs since Sunday. We are new to having chickens and it is so eggciting.
I think this a link to my coop ??
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=148966

Ok All, I had to post. After reading this thread a couple of days ago, I recounted mine and realized I have 9 chicks, not 8. I've counted them several times and don't know how I could have missed an extra one. It's not like they're only a few days old. They're all 5 weeks old. Interesting!
th.gif

So, SOMEHOW, there are 30 chicks in my brooder now, don't know how those extra two got there today
wink.png
Couldn't have anything to do with the chicken swap at TSC this morning
gig.gif

OK, so no mystery there, a friend had two partridge Wyandotte chicks, the variety that I wanted and couldn't get, so I had to pick them up
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom