Murphy's Laws of Chicken Keeping -- let's make a list!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
This is soooo true!
Mine is: Whenever bringing new poultry to the farm...it will develope some kind of contagious disease within the next 2 days!

No matter how meticulous you are about keeping the feed and water containers clean. When you have guests that want to see the chicken run the chickens will have flung copious amounts of dirt into the water and will have managed to somehow poop in their feed by the time you get there.

Here's one we learned the hard way...

The heaviest, roughest rooster will decide to choose the smallest hen for his personal pleasures, destroying her beautiful plumage in the process... right before you had planned to show her in the 4-H fair!
sad.png

(I just decided to purchase some HanSaver saddles to prevent this from happening again, btw.)

If it weighs anything less than your heaviest chicken and If you don't tie it down or hang it up - they will manage to flip it over somehow (feeder, waterer, etc.)

Murphy's Law on cleaning the chicken house: While you're cleaning the chicken house if you think they won't roll in the poo you just chucked in the bucket think again! And then hunt desperately for treasures in it B4 it goes to the field even tho they're on full feed!!!

Murphy's Law at my house: on the one day that you get home later than usual, either the chicken's water will have frozen early or have been knocked over, leaving them thirsty all day.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom