1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Murray City, UT is considering allowing chickens!!!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by h8snags, Mar 7, 2013.

1. h8snags

h8snags Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Murray, UT
    I am so excited! There is an online survey you can take to give your opinion on allowing chickens in Murray! [​IMG] Currently Salt Lake County allows them, however Murray City has said no. They understand there is a rising interest in raising chickens, so they are asking the public for their opinions. Hopefully there will be an overwhelming demand to have the law changed, gotta start somewhere!! So if you live here in Murray, please take the time to fill out the survey on their website... http://www.murray.utah.gov
    There will be another open house at Murray High School on March 26, 2013 from 6pm to 8pm.

Thank you so much for your time!!! [​IMG]

2. blueliquid

blueliquid Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2013
    Port Orchard, Wa
    That's awesome!

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG] That's awesome news!!!

4. DanC

DanC New Egg

Dec 21, 2013
    My wife and I are looking to purchase a house in Murray and I just started doing some searches to see if chickens were in violation of any city ordinances.

So bummed to see that they are against code. :-(

What is the status of this? Have there been any more updates? Is there anything else I can do to help if/when we go through with purchasing our place?

-Dan

5. UtahChickenMan

UtahChickenMan New Egg

Sep 20, 2016
    Murray is bringing this issue back to the City Council on October 13th 2016 for a vote. Please come to the council meeting to show your support for allowing chickens in residential lots. Please check the Murray City Council Agenda;s in the next few days for more information.

6. UtahChickenMan

UtahChickenMan New Egg

Sep 20, 2016
    Correction - The Council Meeting and Vote is being held on October 18th 2016.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by