Just got an order from McM since my egg fertility is suspect and I have a ton of broodies that want babies - I ordered 15 naked necks and said OK to the freebie - so far all is well, they all arrived alive the very next day (shipped out @ 10AM and arrived here 10AM the next day) and seem to be doing fine. My 'free' chick is white and looks like a polish -totally would be cool with a polish roo if it turns out to be a boy.

It has been a year since I ordered from McMurray. Out of 15 I have 11 left. One died suddenly at 4 months, never did figure out why, bad heart maybe? The other 3 were Jersey Giants and I re homed them. So all in all it was a good choice for me. I would order from them again in the future. I received an order from My Pet Chicken 2 weeks ago. I ordered 3 Partridge rocks, 3 GLW, and 1 Silver Penciled Rock. Now as far as I can tell I have 1 Partridge rock and 2 GLW's...The rest are a mystery. I really wanted that Silver penciled Rock, and if it turns out I don't have one, I won't order from them again. OH and Mongocaver, I love your smiling Schnauzer, love the breed, I once had 3 of them all black.

Trux and Lazy Gardener,
I stole that picture on the internet somewhere, but it looks just like one of our 4 Miniature Schnauzers, Pixie. Or more appropriately, her full name is Pixie Jo Lene. She smiles just like that when she is happy and about to play with you.
We have had M. Schnauzers since 1988. These 4 are our girls and we love them to death.
Tree.jpg

This picture was taken in Rockdale, Texas at my mother-in-laws. The youngest is keeping watch for critters while the others nap in the soft grass.

my MMM order was one month ago, and I took the mystery chick, which lasted 3 days. So far of 16, 15 are alive, but I do suspect one of my supposed Whiting pullets is a roo. Overall pretty pleased so far and would use them again.

I ordered from Murray McMurray twice in the last 30 years or so, didn't have any trouble. Only time I had trouble was when I ordered Sultans, but I'm not certain I ordered them from MM but might have. Anyway, those guys were mostly DOA, only one alive, tried to save it but didn't make it. (probably was MM because few hatcheries had Sultans at the time and they did). But they stood behind my order and replaced them, went well the next time. This year I used Cackle Hatchery in Missouri, and was happy with them, health wise, the chicks were peeping up a storm, when I arrived at the post office, had at least 3 extra chicks and no losses. Did wind up with quite a few roos in the straight run though (note to self, if they offer sexed, don't buy straight run unless you enjoy offing roosters). I have decided I don't want to raise specific breed meat chickens so getting rid of all the light/buff brahmas and the Speckled Sussex, though they are handsome bird. They seem different from the ones I got 30 years ago, larger and have a more Leghorn body type. 1st ones I got years ago were smaller, and plump little birds, not at all flighty, very calm. Now they are shy and flighty (just like leghorns).

Back
Top Bottom