Murray McMurray hatchery???????

I've ordered from MMH this year and again well pleased! All my babies/orders (3 I think) from last year are having babies now YAY!
I DO hate having to wait until the end of May for my chick order though....that stinks.
I did have a problem with some deaths of my turkey poults a couple of weeks back but one quick call and MMH came through to make it right. I strayed with another hatchery once last year. Will keep my future babies with MMH and continue to suggest them to others.
The postal service may mess up, but MMH will do what they can to fix it.

lol.png

My replacement shipment came in this morning, they threw in about 3 extra chicks but did not include the heat pack I requested... I had 5 DOA including my Mille Fleurs AGAIN... apparently we are not destined to be. The chicks were visibly shivering when I opened the box. I don't know whether I should go with a hatchery that ships on weekdays rather than weekends or just forego shipping chicks altogether??

I don't think the problem lies with shipping on a weekend. The chicks got to you well within the 72 hour window after hatching that is supposed to be safe. My first batch were all DOA, no heat pack and temperatures in the teens. My second (replacement) batch arrived all alive but I paid $2.50 extra for a heat pack for them. They arrived all nice and toasty warm even though the outdoor temperatures were in the single digits. I followed the chicks progress through the postal service. Shipping them on a week day wouldn't have gotten them to me any faster.

If my replacement chicks had arrived dead I would not have tried a third time. Too sad to see all those cold chicks.

We have had great success with the chicks we ordered. They even sent us 3 extra since we ordered quite a few chicks just to assure that if one didn't survice , we would have our full count. Of course they were straight run chicks, but that was ok with us. We lost only 1 chick. All arrived healthy (w/the exception of the one that seemed a little weaker, but then it could have been layed upon by the others during shipment) We will definitely order from this hatchery again once we feel the need to increase our flock. Can't say enough about the ordering process, the quality of the chicks & the professional as well as friendly staff.
D.gif

Wow, I'm glad I read this. I will boycott MM for animal cruelty bc they ship on Friday. Cackle only ships on Mon and Wed. My local farm supply has only ever received two DOA chicks from Cackle over the years.

Last edited:
Last update from my shipments, I had excellent customer service with MM every time I contacted them. They refunded me this morning for the chicks I lost. I am certain that the problem lies with the postal service, and I told them as much. In two shipments I received 43 chicks, and I ended up with 20 live chicks. I thought for sure that they hadn't included my heat pack, but I found that box and my first shipment box and they both had heat packs under the hay.

My standard sized BLR Wyandottes are incredibly healthy - in 2013 too, I ordered all standard sized Cochins and Brahmas from MM that were very healthy. My bantams that are alive are vigorous little things. I am usually very pleased with the chicks that I get from MM, but it's too sad for me to toss chicks that I had been so excited to receive :(

We have gotten pullets from them twice. First time 1012. They were top healthy. If you order after a certain date, April I think it is, you can get as few as 15. this is what we did. The Pearl whites they have, are breed for eggs, and they laid big eggs, and often. Since they laid so well, next time we got white leghorns from the feed store, since we heard that they just gave the Pearls a fancy name. They don't lay as well. They send one exotic chick. Ours was a feathered counch Sp?
we can't have a rooster, so that is why we order ours.

I ordered for the first time from MM this year and so far mine at 2 weeks are doing very well
My order is 15 heavy layer
3 white giants
2 light brahams?
5 ee's
1 mystery but to me the 15 all mystery till they get older so I really don't know what they are

This my buff Daddy O checking out the babies

I was on here before defending their shipping since I have always had good results and healthy birds. Now for the quality. EH, my Gold Laced Wyandottes are less than desirable. The quality is terrible really, but they will lay eggs just the same. I don't show. The one that looks amazing is my rooster, which I did not order lol, but he's something else. I can't wait to get my birds from My Pet Chicken to compare quality. I bought a couple of the same breeds to compare.

Back
Top Bottom