1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Murray McMurray Hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by brotchicks, Mar 23, 2015.

1. brotchicks

brotchicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2015
    NY
    Our order from MM was shipped on Saturday and they still aren't here. It's been 2 days and I am afraid that them being in a box any longer isn't good. They are saying that they were in Minnesota last time they were scanned and the hatchery is in Iowa. We are in New York so they aren't exactly going the right way. Do you know how often they are usually scanned? Please let me know anything you know about the subject. I have been waiting months for them and I can't wait!! Thanks, brotchicks

2. sellison

sellison Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2012
    York, ND
    I have ordered from McMurray twice and they ship mine on a Friday and they arrive on a Monday. So they should be fine if they come tomorrow. They might go through Minneapolis because they have many more flights out. Almost everything shipped to ND goes through MN. So wishing you good luck. At least it isn't suppose to be really cold the next few days. Did you happen to let the post office know they were coming and give them your phone number? Not sure how small a town you are at.

3. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland
    Just so you know, USPS is horrible about scanning labels. My Meyer order arrived 11/12/14. The shipping tracking updated to delivered in January 2015 with skipped processing centers in between (I had two boxes, so I know they went the same route).

4. song of joy

song of joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania
    There have been several posts on BYC indicating that MM uses Priority shipping, which is 1- to 3-day delivery. 3-day delivery is risky (especially during cold weather) unless they include heat packs and grow-gel, as yolk-sack reserves are usually depleted within 2 days of hatching.

5. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Hope they arrive by morning; have you contacted your post office and asked to be called immediately when the chicks arrive? I've had good experiences with MMcM, so good luck. Mary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by