1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Murray Mcmurray orders any one?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by LOVEMYCHICKS03, Jan 30, 2013.

1. LOVEMYCHICKS03

LOVEMYCHICKS03 Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, their has probably been a thread like this already but I want you chicken lovers to tell what you ordered for chickens it does not have to be from murray but what did you order so I ordered: 5 SF 5 BR 15 BS's [​IMG] hope you post[​IMG]

2. LOVEMYCHICKS03

Oh and I'm getting them on 3/25/13[​IMG]

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    mysunwolf can give you a review of McMurray, and it's NOT a good one. I am not certain about them...

4. Triplecross

Triplecross Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    Southern Michigan
    McMurray just seems expensive compared to Meyer, Cackle and other great hatcheries.

5. MIchickens

MIchickens Poultrygeist

Dec 1, 2012
    Fostoria, Michigan
    A little info on Murray McMurray. I received my chick a week ago. I ordered 47 total chicks of various breeds. I even went as far as to call my main post office hub and ask them to call me and I would pick them up whenever they got there. I received the call at 11:00pm on a Sunday. I drove the 2 hours round trip to get them faster to reduce the stress....if I had waited to get them from my local post office...who knows how many more would have died. 2 of the chicks were DOA in the box when I opened it. Later that day 3 more died. And the next day 3 more died. 1 day after that I only lost 1. Also, I ordered 4 Golden laced Wyandotte's...they didn't ship them to me. Their was a sticker on the inside of the box that said they said they ran out. Now keep in mind I ordered these chicks 3 months in advance. So there's no excuse for not sending them.

OK, now I have 3 chicks with crossed beaks and 1 with an eye problem. I will probably cull them tomorrow.

I would suggest trying to find a local hatchery around you and buy them from there. I am not happy at all with McMurray. Although their people were very nice on the phone each time I called...I believe their chicks are sub-standard. Be prepared to lose a 1/4 of them due to death or sub standard breeding.

I'm just sayin....lol

6. LOVEMYCHICKS03

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by