Murray Mcmurray!

Domestic_goddess

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Utah
Info for anyone looking for hatcheries! I went to Murray Mcmurray online today and I'm suprised at all they have available for March 8th shipments. I'm going to have concider a second order, cause they have several breeds I would love to have.

Just remember - Their "easter egg colored" Araucanas and "Americanas" are actually mutts, as hatcheries do not sell Araucanas, and "Americana" is spelled wrong.
roll.png

I've gotten over 40 different birds from McMurray and, well, I think they're like any other hatchery - Something I stopped buying from. One thing I will say is that their white crested black Polish are, in the odds of 1/5 - Really nice looking, comparing to the standards. Their Silver Laced Wyandottes are not attractive (nor friendly) their Brahmas range, infact it looks like they cross them with Sussex on occasion. For anyone curious, I have the following breeds from Murray McMurray and if you want a photo example of what yours may look like, ask:

Light Brahma
Turken / Naked Neck
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Silver Laced Polish
Easter Egger (claimed as an "Araucana/Americana")
New Hampshire Red

We also previously ordered Dark Brahmas, Buff Laced Polish, Gold Laced Polish, etc - But they all died before they were even 4 months old.
sad.png

Murray McMurray does have many breeds to Choose from, but order soon, because in about two weeks they are going to be out of everything. I usually am not one to have problems with hatcheries, but be prepared, your birds will not be Show Quality, Mcmurray birds arent neccesarilly bred for show. However, if your just looking for pets and egg layers you should be fine. They do ship beter than most hatcheries, so you shouldnt have many, if any, dead chicks.

Good Luck!

Just remember - Their "easter egg colored" Araucanas and "Americanas" are actually mutts, as hatcheries do not sell Araucanas, and "Americana" is spelled wrong.
roll.png

I've gotten over 40 different birds from McMurray and, well, I think they're like any other hatchery - Something I stopped buying from. One thing I will say is that their white crested black Polish are, in the odds of 1/5 - Really nice looking, comparing to the standards. Their Silver Laced Wyandottes are not attractive (nor friendly) their Brahmas range, infact it looks like they cross them with Sussex on occasion. For anyone curious, I have the following breeds from Murray McMurray and if you want a photo example of what yours may look like, ask:

Light Brahma
Turken / Naked Neck
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Silver Laced Polish
Easter Egger (claimed as an "Araucana/Americana")
New Hampshire Red

We also previously ordered Dark Brahmas, Buff Laced Polish, Gold Laced Polish, etc - But they all died before they were even 4 months old.
sad.png

Could you share a photo of the Light Brahma and the New Hampshire Red. I've looked at Murray McMurray but examples of the product would be great! Thanks!
smile.png

I will never buy from them. Just the fact they try to sell easter eggers as ameraucanas. A friend of mine bought some rhode island reds from them. When the chicks came in i could definitely tell they were red star, not rhode island reds. Yea the normal person wouldn't notice the difference but for someone who knows chickens can definitely tell. The best place to buy chickens is on this site.

I think all of these hatcheries should put a disclaimer in their catalogs that states the pictures that they show
are what the perfect standard is, and what you will get will be nowhere near this quality.

Back
Top Bottom