Murray Mcmurray

My first chicks came from MM-- they sent extras, one died with in a few days and a few were males. Since then I have been looking for breeders in my area to find non-hatchery bred birds, the real heritage standard size fowl. YOu can look for a poultry club in your area, and contact the secretary. THe secretary knows EVERYONE.

My MM flock---My girls are nice, the RIR are crabby, and the birds are small for the breeds. THey are more efficient layers though, so if you just want layers in a variety o colors SOme breed forage more than other.

Don't take the free extra as it is usually a boy.

Thanks for the info
smile.png

We have ordered from Murry Mcmurry for several years now with good results. Last summer since we purchased a nice piece of land with many acres we ordered 25 white rocks - 25 barred rocks - 25 Xrocks and 10 of their hibrid ducks. We also bought local burban red turkeys as well. But now we also got a incubator so we will raise our own. We had good results from them for several years in a row, also we are not interested in show quality only meat and eggs.

Easter Egger girl. She lays green eggs and is very friendly! (ignore the australorp!)

Barred rock. She is a good layer of pinkish eggs and pretty friendly.

White Japanese. She has long legs, but is very sweet and lays cream eggs occasionally!

This is an old picture of my other BR. She is my best layer and very friendly!
thumbsup.gif

My other 2 chickens are not from MM.
I used to have another EE and 2 sicilian buttercups, but they died.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom