Murray Mcmurray

Anyone have any more photos they want to share?
fl.gif

I love everything about McMurray except their prices- a little high if you ask me but you get what you pay for!

Kathleen the Colombian Wyandotte at 7 months old after laying an egg (in the wrong place!)

The girls enjoying their scratch (The speckled sussexs and blue andalusians are from Welp)

These are my first batch of Cornish X I got from McMurray. I think they are 5-6 weeks old in this picture?

.....And the first one I cooked! Hehehehe
cool.png

I ordered from them once in the past for some WCB Polish and blue Cochins. I was impressed with the quality but unfortunately I didn't get my chicks vaccinated for Marek's disease (this was before I knew what it was). Now I highly recommend it because I lost half my flock to it and couldn't put other chickens in that pen for risk of it infecting them too. But that could happen with any hatchery birds, not just McMurray. I don't have pics because I no longer have any of my McMurray birds.

I ordered from them once in the past for some WCB Polish and blue Cochins. I was impressed with the quality but unfortunately I didn't get my chicks vaccinated for Marek's disease (this was before I knew what it was). Now I highly recommend it because I lost half my flock to it and couldn't put other chickens in that pen for risk of it infecting them too. But that could happen with any hatchery birds, not just McMurray. I don't have pics because I no longer have any of my McMurray birds.
I don't think mareks spreads like a cold or flu.. I think chickens either have it or not, cause I did order from a hatchery few years ago and I didn't know what mareks was either so I didn't vaccinate. Had a small order of 5 hens and 2 roo and the 2 roo died of mareks, but I still have all 5 hens to this day.

I don't think mareks spreads like a cold or flu.. I think chickens either have it or not, cause I did order from a hatchery few years ago and I didn't know what mareks was either so I didn't vaccinate. Had a small order of 5 hens and 2 roo and the 2 roo died of mareks, but I still have all 5 hens to this day.
Mareks is EXTREMELY contagious. It's spread by the dander of infected birds. If a bird is exposed, it can become a non-symptomatic carrier. Your birds carry Mareks even if they aren't showing symptoms.

Also, Mareks is difficult to diagnose even with a necropsy, so you roosters may not have had Mareks at all.

Yes I loved my first chicks I got from McMurray. I was a newbie and ordered 25 RIR girls. Cost was good but this was years ago. Had my flock up to 50 from ordering from them over a two year period. Well due to an accident 3 years after I had established a great flock, my husband broke both his heels, I couldn't take care of them and him. My brother took my girls and they were so friendly. Blondie laid her eggs in my hand. Named all of them!
Well long story shortened. All but 5 died. Let him keep them and went to start over and order from McMurray. Couldn't believe the prices. Ended it up ordering from Welp Hatcheries because they deliver all year. Ordered 40. My husband noticed right away that they were not used to being touched. Never could get close to them. These birds won't allow it. Ordered 5 from the local feed store and they follow me like i am their mother. Loving, just like my first RIR from McMurray. So now I have two roosters and I am going to try to raise my own.
Saying this I feel that you are right! You DO get what you pay for! Hopefully my chicks will be friendly.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom