Murray Mystery Chick

My vote is for Speckled Sussex, especially if they're "brown egg layers", brown leghorns lay white eggs. My speckled sussex chicks looked very similar to my Welsummers,except for the SS's had a reddish tone to their baby fluff.

And too help narrow the second down.

Brown egg layers for MMH

Black Australorps; Lt. Brahmas; Dark Cornish; Black and White Giants; Buff and White Orpingtons; New Hampshire, Rhode Island Reds, Barred, White, Partridge, Buff Rocks;Delaware, Sussex, Turkens; White, Silver Laced, & Columbian Wyandottes, Red Star and Black Star.

SS's are a very pretty bird. Can't wait to see them full grown.

As far as the Brown Leghorn Mystery chick, Murray typically sends roosters don't they? Do Brown Leghorns taste good?

SS's are a very pretty bird. Can't wait to see them full grown.

As far as the Brown Leghorn Mystery chick, Murray typically sends roosters don't they? Do Brown Leghorns taste good?

Not always. I've gotten my first male MMM mystery chick this past spring. Before that, five pullets in a row. :)

Brown leghorns might make soup... not much meat. They're a very light bodied bird.

My vote is for Speckled Sussex, especially if they're "brown egg layers", brown leghorns lay white eggs. My speckled sussex chicks looked very similar to my Welsummers,except for the SS's had a reddish tone to their baby fluff.

Got to read that fine print on the O.P.'s post more closely...the bottom chick is from a brown layers assortment, not the top.

Back
Top Bottom