Murray Utah Chicken Ordinance

mrsjohnson0807

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
Marysvale, UT
Can anyone help me locate the rules and regulations for having chickens in Murray, UT? I can find almost every Salt Lake County city, but Murray. This is checking this website and the city page directly. Any help would be appreciated. We are moving to Salt Lake County and I need to be sure I find a home were my chickens can go.

I was at tonights council meeting where they decided to wait another month to decide to allow backyard chickens. The proposal on the table is to allow them w/permit and handful of mostly reasonable rules.

Having said that, we have a flock of 9 hens and have not been reported or asked to remove them. I think this is due to our neighbors being okay with it more than the city not knowing or caring. Some of the people in the meeting tonight were strongly against it so if you move next to them, expect some resistance.

I am in the process of purchasing a house in Murray and called their animal control department on this issue because from the information I found online about April's meeting it seemed like almost a done deal. The person told me that the City Council is set to vote on it some time this fall however no exact date has been set. So write to your city council members, go to city council website to see upcoming meetings agendas and represent.

Murray City is bringing this issue back to the City Council for a vote. Please come show your support on October 13th 2016 to show the council its the right thing to do to allow backyard chickens. Check Murray's website under City Council Agenda's for specific information. Should be posted in the next couple days.

Back
Top Bottom