Muscovy 4 week olds (I think)!

Mrs Rusty

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2023
Hi there, these are our 4 week olds. I’m pretty sure they are Muscovies. They are huge already compared to other pictures I’ve seen. We feed them on a varied diet. Transitioning them at the moment from starter feed to mixed with duck pellets, plus greens and seeds are available at various times. They are outside full time now as too big for our lounge. I just love all 7 of them. I’m wondering how to sex them, what to look for? Any general advice on caring for these beauties gratefully received. I feel like as a new duck parent, I’m coping well so far.
IMG_4047.jpeg
IMG_4041.jpeg
IMG_4037.jpeg

congratulations ! they are beautiful. one thing i see they have outgrown the little waterer in the picture, they grow so fast. they will need to always have water deep enough to be able to dunk their entire heads in, that’s how they keep their nares and their eyes clean.

Also since your offering a variety of food, they need to have grit so they can process it. chick grit or maybe since they are pretty big already reg poultry grit. They are beautiful. Congrats on your first ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom