Muscovy Calendar ~ Interested?

MDC

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
KS
I was throwing around the idea of possibly creating a calendar next year using photos submitted by Muscovy owners and selling them as part money-making project to help with web hosting fees and part promotional project to promote the breed & my website (which is designed to promote the breed). I'm looking for information as to whether people would:

A) Be interested in submitting quality photos of Muscovy
B) Be inclined to purchase something like this were it available.

I've long thought about having some type of promotional material available and my love of photos, along with seeing what wonderful photographs people are capable of taking of their birds leads me to wonder if a calendar would be something people would have an interest in.

I thought I'd provide a forum where people could submit photos and then vote on their favorites and those individuals whose photos were included in the calendar would receive their calendar for free, possibly a few extras to pass out to family/friends, etc. I would then offer the calendars for sale through my website, Craigslist, Ebay, etc.

So, would you be interested in participating, submitting photos, and/or buying such a calendar?

Id be interested
smile.png
Sounds pretty cool.

Hey - Arent you the coordinator of the Muscovy central Forum? ( might be a stupid question lol)

Well, I know this might be OT, but if you extended that idea to a Call duck calendar, I would be *very* interested and so, I'm sure, would be a bunch of people. I could see something like this being big at shows.

I'm glad you found your chocolates! I actually have a clutch of 13 I was going to sell but decided to wait until after Christmas. By the time I would have been able to ship them the mail would be too hectic so I decided I'll feed them for another month. Chocolate is my favorite variety (and food!)

Heh. I just happened to look up and see that BYC has a calendar as well. I might have to investigate where they get theirs printed. The ones I've found so far are on the pricey side (in excess of $12) and I'd like to find something more affordable as I want it to be a practical item.

Back
Top Bottom