Muscovy color help, please

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
These are some of my new drakes that I've hatched out. They're just a few days shy of 4 months old. Can anyone help me with colors please?

None of these guys have been named yet. Here's this big guy near the pool. Love him and he's huge! Great flyer! He keeps ending up on our roof!

24335_life_on_the_farm_102010_076.jpg

I love this guy!! He's gorgeous!!!

24335_life_on_the_farm_102010_083.jpg

This guy too!!

24335_life_on_the_farm_102010_088.jpg

Then I thought I would share this sweet little girl. She's their sister. You can see the size difference in them. She's so petite!

24335_life_on_the_farm_102010_092.jpg

#1 Blue Pied
#2 Blue Pied (Ripple?)
#3 Blue Ripple
#4 Chocolate Pied (Ripple?)

I am pretty sure that's Rippling on them anyway and not just distorted Barring. Hopefully someone else chimes in though. I really LOVE that second boy too! He is a real looker & so is his sister!

Last edited:
Yep..that is Rippling on those. Pretty boys you got there TennesseeTruly. Here is one I have that is almost identical to your blue pied in the 1st pic.

7576_dsc2818.jpg

Thanks Bleenie and Steve! I knew I could count on you guys! For the life of me I can't remember where I got the eggs from! LOL They're all just beginning to fly and I absolutely LOVE watching them in the air. I know it won't be too long before the big boys won't be able to get too high off the ground, (like my others) but for now, its spectacular to watch them!!

I have a hen sitting on eggs and then I'm hoping that's it for the rest of this year for the Scovy's!

Now the hard part comes. I have to find homes for a few of my drakes. I'm soooooo drake heavy. I have 7 drakes and 8 ducks. NOT a good ratio! LOL

Steve, I love your drake, he's gorgeous!!!!

Of course its all Bleenie's fault that I have any Scovy's at all!!
tongue2.gif

Laurie

How is your pen for your muscovies set up like Bleenie?

What do you use for nestboxes and also what is the demisnations of your pen?

Also what colors do you have in your flock of musocies.

Also you have some nice and pretty muscovies did you raise them or did you buy them?

I have had muscovies for 3 years.

Thanks, Bleenie

Could you please tell Bleenie to post me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom