Muscovy color/pattern?

luvmychix

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 8, 2008
What color / pattern would this drake be called, please? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230908_183228498.jpg
    IMG_20230908_183228498.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20230908_183237945.jpg
    IMG_20230908_183237945.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 20
What a beautiful boy! He's Blue, for sure, with white leakage (not pied). And yes, he's a Ripple.

Here's a really good website to help with identification:

https://www.muscovyduckdynasty.com/colors-patterns
Thank you. I have actually looked at that site many times but couldn't find one like him or with the darker snowflake type pattern on each of the blue feathers on his back. He did not have the blue on him til recently. When I got him he was the brown ripple look. I'll attach a picture of what he looked like when I got him in the spring and was told he was about 8 months old then.

Attachments

• received_1541768673296130.jpeg
    received_1541768673296130.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 16
  • orca-image--6483098.jpeg
    orca-image--6483098.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 16
Those are the same bird??? :eek: I don't know of it's your camera, but those first pics look blue. They do fade a bit in the sun, which I think is what may have happened in the second set of pics, and then moult back into their 'true' colour (until the sun bleaches them again. I would almost be tempted to say he *might* be Lilac? I don't have enough experience with that colour yet (only got my first two hatched out this year, and they're still juveniles).

Where are you located? Some countries have different colours that are more common than in other countries.

Yes they are the same bird! He did not have any blue on him at all when i got him. That was his actual color when i bought him. I have never had one change that much. He is my only ripple one and that was why i got him. I am in central US.

Yes they are the same bird! He did not have any blue on him at all when i got him. That was his actual color when i bought him. I have never had one change that much. He is my only ripple one and that was why i got him. I am in central US.
Bronze is not common in the States, but Lavender is. I can't get either in Canada, or Ripples. *grumbles* Really would love to get my hands on some Lavender.

I would consider his moulted in feathers his true colour. It's amazing how much they change during the summer from the sun! And depending on how they're kept in the winter (yours would be milder than mine, I imagine), they might get enough to lighten them then, too.

Thank you. I have actually looked at that site many times but couldn't find one like him or with the darker snowflake type pattern on each of the blue feathers on his back. He did not have the blue on him til recently. When I got him he was the brown ripple look. I'll attach a picture of what he looked like when I got him in the spring and was told he was about 8 months old then.
Wow he looks really red then!

Back
Top Bottom