Muscovy Cross Breed??

Mountainbeauty

Chirping
May 31, 2017
So my big male Muscovy King decided that my goose would be a good mate for him closer in size for him [he is like 12 lbs.] Does anyone know if a Muscovy duck and goose can cross breed. I know turkeys and chickens can so I would think that Muscovys and geese can. They are more alike than chickens and turkeys. My goose GG had not laid any eggs for me in like three months right after she got mated she started again. I cracked one to inspect it and found it fertilized. At least I think so. previously when I had used her eggs before the male Muscovy there was no white membrane. Now there is so is it a possible cross has it been done before?

No she is white with a very small amount of grey on her hind quarters each side. i think she is cross with something i have been lookin at pictures to try and figure it out.

Chickens and turkeys can NOT cross breed
Ducks and geese can NOT cross breed

Different species, therefore not possible. They can and may try to mate (go through the breeding process), and fertilization may happen, but an embryo will not grow due to the species differences

Back
Top Bottom