Muscovy duck acting weird

ICB42

Chirping
Aug 22, 2015
hello!

I have a flock of Muscovy ducks and tonight we noticed one wasn’t really walking a whole lot and when he did get up he kind wobbled and fell back over. I was thinking it was a niacin deficientcy but I’m not sure how much to give him or how to tell if that’s what it is

He will get up and try to walk almost like his body is to heavy for him, I’ll try to get a video.

He could have bumble foot. Try getting a picture or video of his feet. Also have you checked him for any wounds? Is it possible something attacked him?

I took a video but it won’t upload here. I checked his feet and they seem fine it’s almost like he’s week, we are getting some vitimins tomorrow and he is holding his head up just fine. I can’t say for sure if he is eating or drinking on his own.

The link works but video isn't loading. You can mix sugar in the water to give a boost of energy.
I found this article that sounds just like what your going through. LINK

Makes me sad I keep checking on him because I’m worried and I don’t wanna stress him out anymore. We are gonna isolate him tomorrow and try some vitimins in the water. I hope it’s nothing serious :/

Back
Top Bottom