Muscovy duck egg question.....

I would not worry about seeing nothing on the Muscovy eggs at day four. We don't toss them unless nothing shows by day fourteen. I was told years ago that you should give an egg 1/3 of its time before you chuck it as being no good.

Last edited:
Thanks Shady! Yes normally I wait till around day 8 just like with my chicken and quail eggs. But I was just by the bator a lot yesterday and decided I would check them. But I will wait until friday or so to candle again.
big_smile.png

Quote:
by you people, i am referring to you and the hundred other people who do this same thing..

and either you have done this poultry thing for half your life, or you are a novice.. can't have it both ways.......sorry.

I am wondering when is the best time to set duck eggs in the bators. I live in NC and we have had some warm weather but is supposed to be getting colder again very soon. Is there a specific outdoor temperature to look for before setting eggs in the bator?
I have also gathered eggs yesterday and found a huge nest under one of my buildings but nobody was on the nest could some of those eggs be set?

Thanks for your help.

coachhaze60 in NC

and either you have done this poultry thing for half your life, or you are a novice.. can't have it both ways.......sorry.

Hahahah I absolutely love people like you! Something inside yourself makes you think you know it all and are better than everyone else. I take it you have never asked a question in your life then? And yes I have raised poultry for half my life.....and I'm a novice at waterfowl. Please do get over yourself.
smack.gif

And coach.....When you set eggs is completely up to you. Just make sure your incubator is in a place free of major draft and usually at a constant room temperature. My bators are in a bedroom. And If those eggs are good and have not been sat on...I would say put them in!
Good Luck!
smile.png

The 4 eggs are still growing strong! Lots of movement in the egg and they are only 2 weeks away until hatch date! Talk about LOOOONNNNGGGG incubation period!
Good Luck with your scovies!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom