Muscovy duck eggs day 39 in incubation and still no pips

BOchickmama4

Chirping
Mar 25, 2023
Hi everyone, it's my first time incubating muscovys and I know they take 33-37 days to hatch and I'm Incubating 6 at the moment (started with 12 but they didn't start developing) on day 39 right now and there is still no signs of external pipping, I don't know if I should candle them as that would mean opening the incubator while they are in lockdown. I could make a safety hole into the air cell?? What should I do??? Is this normal?!

If your incubator was running on a slightly cooler temperature or has cool spots in it they will take longer. They should be checked though to see what is going on with them. Good Luck. Their eggs are very hard shelled at least the ones my girls lay are so they may end up needing a small air hole in the air sac if they have had an internal pip for a while.

A few tries later we finally got a couple ducklings last wednesday! They are called Pip and Squeak, but mysteriously the next day there were 8 in the pen! and another duck was trying to get in, it's still a mystery but what we think happened was that the other duck was sitting on eggs the whole time and we never realised! but now we have 8 healthy ducklings!!!!

When there was only 2...
20230913_105418.jpg

When there was 8...
IMG-20230915-WA0002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom