Muscovy duckling gender??

Mine usually start laying about 4 weeks after they hatch. Mine have always been about 8-9months old before they began to lay. Probably different depending on where your located in the world.

About 4 weeks could mean my hens could start laying again any time! I hadn't expected this early, I will have to start keeping an eye out. That would be great!

Muscovy usually begin molting in late summer to fall I have a few already starting and yes when in molt they don’t lay
If I'm finding more feathers around my yard is that a sign that they're starting? The mama ducks will preen and leave a pile of downy white feathers but I'm also noticing more large feathers around the yard too.

Here are the best 2 pics I got today:

Based on size and feet size I'm guessing this brown one in the puddle is a female and the one behind is male?

And this dainty light colored one I keep thinking is female, she just seems small and exactly that - dainty!

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_075013556.jpg
    IMG_20180815_075013556.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180815_074853843.jpg
    IMG_20180815_074853843.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 11
They are adorable! Beautiful coloring too!
I look forward to seeing more pictures. I have 2 that are probably 10ish weeks old (unconfirmed genders, but one is most likely a drake and the other mayyyyy be a drake, but I honestly hope that she’s a duck). It’s so fun to watch them grow during this period. One week they have the little wing nubs, the next they have actual wings! It’s sad to see the final bits of baby fuzz disappear though :( Anyways, keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom