Muscovy Ducklings & Story *PIC heavy!* Update 6/20

Rosecomb-Ryan

East Indie Crazed
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento CA
Well well well.... LOL Last year I really wanted to hatch some Muscovys.. Well all I hatched is 8... ANOTHER STORY THIS YEAR! My friend whom I got him started on Muscovys called me and he broke his knee in a dirt bike crash. He said all the hens are setting can you come get the eggs because I cant deal with ducklings and the ducklings are yours.... WELL.... I took home 140 Muscovy eggs... I had 4 hens of my own setting at home. The first batch started hatching on Saturday.. 30 so far.... 12 more are pipped! I have Muscovys out my ears lol and not even HALF of the eggs have hatched! The others arent due for another 1-2 weeks. I think a few are barred! You tell me! I am hoping to keep this 40 and raise them up and keep 10 hens and 2 drakes! I will TRY to get pics every week so we can watch them grow!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
ENJOY!
014-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

Nap Time
017-2.jpg

008.jpg

Barred?
028-1.jpg

Do you mind?

Last edited:
You are certainly going to have your work cut out for you with that many ducklings to raise.. They are just so cute and well worth the effort though.

Good luck with the rest of your eggs- and keep those pics coming..

What names have you chosen for the ones you have so far
lau.gif
gig.gif

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! how lucky are you!!! i wish i could have that many. my mom would kill me!!

such CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE babies. i am in love
love.gif

how sweet. ducklings definately have my heart for sure!!!!!!

That is a lot of babies!!!
clap.gif
I would be beside myself with excitement if I had that many and my hubby would really think I had gone crazy, since he already thinks I have:D

droolin.gif

OMGEEZE! How lucky are you! I have one hen broody right now with maybe 20 eggs under her, but she is kinda wild so im going to have to build her a temp pen for when they are born.

Those are just beautiful! You are going to have some VERY nice looking Scovies, Ryan. You have been blessed!
bow.gif

Barred ducklings are all yellow with a gray bill and a small color line on the end of their tails. I haven't seen any like the one you have pictured.
idunno.gif
I'm sure someone on here has seen that color pattern before on ducklings. How Exciting!!!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom