New duckling owner. Needing advice

Thank you, sadly had alot of bad luck recently with girl muscovies lost 7 of them 2 weeks ago and another 6 today. Genuinely can't find the cause for the deaths either. Worried about my 2 newest girls now if they will survive or not. But my almost adults boys and girl are doing extremely well.
I hope that your two latest ones are doing alright and so sorry for the loss of your others. How old were the ones that you lost and what was their diet? My two that I raised from ducklings did very well and I still have my two females but rehomed a drake that I had from a duckling due to over mating everyone in the pen. Good luck with your two new ones. I pray that they are okay.

I hope that your two latest ones are doing alright and so sorry for the loss of your others. How old were the ones that you lost and what was their diet? My two that I raised from ducklings did very well and I still have my two females but rehomed a drake that I had from a duckling due to over mating everyone in the pen. Good luck with your two new ones. I pray that they are okay.
They was between 12 -16 weeks the girls I bought from different breeders and I had them on grower pellets but not sure what the breeders had them on before I got them. They seemed fine and was eating but I didn't have them for long either maybe a week at most. I contacted the breeders and most got back intouch and 1 didn't- she read my messages but blocked me. So think she knew hers was sick and it spreaded to the others. The last 2 surviving girl ducklings are doing well now but quarantined from my other for the next 2 month

They was between 12 -16 weeks the girls I bought from different breeders and I had them on grower pellets but not sure what the breeders had them on before I got them. They seemed fine and was eating but I didn't have them for long either maybe a week at most. I contacted the breeders and most got back intouch and 1 didn't- she read my messages but blocked me. So think she knew hers was sick and it spreaded to the others. The last 2 surviving girl ducklings are doing well now but quarantined from my other for the next 2 month
That's a good idea to keep them separated from the others for a while. Sorry you lost so many of them. There must have been something going on for them to be that old and come from different places. I pray that these two stay healthy. I am glad that your last two turned out to be girls. I am hoping the two Runner ducklings that I just got three weeks ago are girls also. Time will tell.

That's a good idea to keep them separated from the others for a while. Sorry you lost so many of them. There must have been something going on for them to be that old and come from different places. I pray that these two stay healthy. I am glad that your last two turned out to be girls. I am hoping the two Runner ducklings that I just got three weeks ago are girls also. Time will tell.
I have noticed there is more drakes than girls being hatched which is so strange. Its been super hard to find more muscovy girls.

Aww you got pictures of them?

I have noticed there is more drakes than girls being hatched which is so strange. Its been super hard to find more muscovy girls.

Aww you got pictures of them?
Miss Lydia has posted them on the Runner Duck Club page because I don't know how to. She has been a great friend to do this for me. You can see my Runner Duck babies there. They are growing like weeds so hopefully not boys.

Miss Lydia has posted them on the Runner Duck Club page because I don't know how to. She has been a great friend to do this for me. You can see my Runner Duck babies there. They are growing like weeds so hopefully not boys.
Hopefully they are girls, will you keep them if turn out to be boys?

Hopefully they are girls, will you keep them if turn out to be boys?
Probably not as they seem to be sooooo rough on my Hens. I will have to wait and see. I am thinking the Mallard may be a female for sure by her coloring and beak color but that's just a wild guess at this point. The Fawn and White is so tall that it might be a drake but maybe not too. It's the wait and see game as they are both still peeping a lot and hate to be held, lol.

Probably not as they seem to be sooooo rough on my Hens. I will have to wait and see. I am thinking the Mallard may be a female for sure by her coloring and beak color but that's just a wild guess at this point. The Fawn and White is so tall that it might be a drake but maybe not too. It's the wait and see game as they are both still peeping a lot and hate to be held, lol.
I have 1 mallard and I thought it was a girl for such a long time ever after the time it says it should start to show difference with colour but stayed female looking for long and then BAM male. He's a little sweety though, I been trying to get him some girls his own size or mallard but sadly can't find any but he seems happy being with my muscovies and he's got his little sex feather which looks soo cute.

I have 1 mallard and I thought it was a girl for such a long time ever after the time it says it should start to show difference with colour but stayed female looking for long and then BAM male. He's a little sweety though, I been trying to get him some girls his own size or mallard but sadly can't find any but he seems happy being with my muscovies and he's got his little sex feather which looks soo cute.
I picked up my Mallard Runner today to look it over closely. The chest feathers on it are indicating it is a female along with the bill color. It has had a black and pink bill ever since I got it at just a couple of days old so it will be interesting to see if it is a female and that the bill color was right from the beginning. It has the penciled color light chest, not the dark reddish color that all of my drakes always had so I am really leaning towards female. The other one is quite a bit taller so hopefully it is not a drake but just one would not be too bad so I could possibly keep it too. I hate to give them up as we have a friend that buys them for dinner food for his family and it is really hard to let go of them for that reason. I have tried advertising them and putting them on CL before but to no avail as no one around here wants any drakes. I am glad that yours is such a good one.

Back
Top Bottom