Muscovy ducks - what pairing would be best?

I agree, ML is right keep updating if they are different sexes you'll start to see differences, it almost appears as though the females cease to grow(they don't) just the males hit into overdrive.

Doesn't matter if their related it doesn't work like other things, eventually you want new blood don't get me wrong but right out the gate, not really besides if he kept a few drakes and they all run together they may not be anyways, plus often with scovies in big flocks they mix nests and switch, had that here.. my one bird raised a clutch of 9 they were not her's she stole the nest lol The last nest i had here in June was a mix of two birds eggs, so again hard to know who was related and who wasn't.

Last edited:

Here are some new photos. :) I'm already seeing some differences. I think the one with the white feet and more white on the body is a drake. He has thicker legs than the other, longer body, bigger feet, less adult feathers and has a bigger chest while the other is small and looks a lot more feminine. What do you all think? These are my first Muscovies so I'm probably wrong!

Here are some new photos.
smile.png
I'm already seeing some differences. I think the one with the white feet and more white on the body is a drake. He has thicker legs than the other, longer body, bigger feet, less adult feathers and has a bigger chest while the other is small and looks a lot more feminine. What do you all think? These are my first Muscovies so I'm probably wrong!
Makes me think drake too but in the next 2-3 weeks you'll be able to really see difference. They are so pretty. and will get prettier every week.

Back
Top Bottom