Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
My fingers are crossed!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
3 of the Muscovy eggs in the incubator are pipping or peeping right now! I can't wait to see what these new babies look like
celebrate.gif

I lost about 8 eggs in the last couple days because of my temp not wanting to stay right, it kept dropping to 95... and with an upright thermometer i know it's at least a degree or two colder where the eggs are at. I can't believe these 3 are actually hatching!

AND, I also have a Double Yolker Scovy egg that's still growing well in there! I was so happy to see those 2 blobs moving around this morning!
love.gif

If it's styrofoam, Dont superglue it!! It'll melt the foam and mess up the bator. I had to use Duct Tape to fix the windows on my incubator, it looks tacky now that it's been on there a couple years and it's all dirty but it made it work SO much better! It really keeps the humidity now too.

I am using an old Little Giant Still Air incubator. I bought it from a lady a few years ago for $10 with the turner, it's been my BESt incubator! I tried a Hovabator with the fan but Hated it, I just couldnt get the temp right on it.

One baby has a small hole now and the other two are into the air sacs but no cracks in the shell yet. I got the temp back to normal now so hopefully it'll warm them up and get them more motivated to pip.
smile.png

Baby #1 got out this morning, I had to help but it's doing great now. We left for a while to go see some cats at a local shelter & while we were gone baby #2 shot out of its egg! It's an adorable little Blue Pied, #1 is a Black Pied.... I will get pics as soon as they get moved into the brooder.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom