Muscovy Eggs Hatching!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

My fingers are crossed!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 3 of the Muscovy eggs in the incubator are pipping or peeping right now! I can't wait to see what these new babies look like [​IMG]

I lost about 8 eggs in the last couple days because of my temp not wanting to stay right, it kept dropping to 95... and with an upright thermometer i know it's at least a degree or two colder where the eggs are at. I can't believe these 3 are actually hatching!

AND, I also have a Double Yolker Scovy egg that's still growing well in there! I was so happy to see those 2 blobs moving around this morning! [​IMG]

2. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

i hope they hatch for you!!!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck with your hatch [​IMG]

4. Hi! Good luck with the Muscovy eggs! I've got the first 3 out in this weeks hatch (Pekins and Anconas due yesterday) despite the 'plug that keeps unplugging itself in the night' (I'm going to superglue the thing in place).
    Go ducks!

[​IMG]
    Lisa

5. tlb796

tlb796 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Portland
    What kind of incubator are you using?

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

If it's styrofoam, Dont superglue it!! It'll melt the foam and mess up the bator. I had to use Duct Tape to fix the windows on my incubator, it looks tacky now that it's been on there a couple years and it's all dirty but it made it work SO much better! It really keeps the humidity now too.

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I am using an old Little Giant Still Air incubator. I bought it from a lady a few years ago for $10 with the turner, it's been my BESt incubator! I tried a Hovabator with the fan but Hated it, I just couldnt get the temp right on it.

8. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Any new progress?

9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

One baby has a small hole now and the other two are into the air sacs but no cracks in the shell yet. I got the temp back to normal now so hopefully it'll warm them up and get them more motivated to pip. [​IMG]

10. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Baby #1 got out this morning, I had to help but it's doing great now. We left for a while to go see some cats at a local shelter & while we were gone baby #2 shot out of its egg! It's an adorable little Blue Pied, #1 is a Black Pied.... I will get pics as soon as they get moved into the brooder. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by