Muscovy hurt beak

gcoast6549

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 11, 2013
Help!! My muscovy hurt himself and idk what to do he scraped the front part of his bill off and it's hanging a bit to the side here is a picture..he won't eat or drink water but he's tried to... Here is a picture

Help!! My muscovy hurt himself and idk what to do he scraped the front part of his bill off and it's hanging a bit to the side here is a picture..he won't eat or drink water but he's tried to... Here is a picture
Wow he sure did scrape his bill, I bet it hurts. if you can get some ACV start putting some into his water bucket, 1-2 tab to 1 gal of water it has the ability to kill bacteria which will also help in healing. Then probably some moistened feed would be better till it begins to heal where the nerves aren't so sensitive. They usually heal pretty fast from injuries main thing is keeping infection at bay. you might try putting some Tripe antibiotic on top or if you can get hold of some Veterycin [TSC}and keep it sprayed will help. You might try taping but I'm thinking he wouldn't leave it alone if you did.

Ouch, poor guy!

Probably really smarts right now.

I would rinse it off well with lukewarm saline solution or Vetericyn spray. And keep rinsing it off maybe four times a day.

Ideally, I would want to come up with some kind of a tiny splint for holding it there so it could heal. Wow.

Let me think . . . .

So he cannot even drink? Try giving him lukewarm water.

Bring him in to a smaller area - clean, with soft food and some clean water. I don't know what your weather is like but he needs to be protected for at least a few days so he can start to heal.

Thank you everybody for the help!! He has a piece hanging almost like a very thin layer of nail I would say it's the size of a small thumbnail. I've applied some of the solution on him and he was very calm, he's a very sweet ducky. He seems better now that he's finally had some food. I'm just not sure what to do with the small hanging (nail) as I call it. Remove it or leave it?

I would be tempted to leave it now. I realize he could possibly snag it, but I think it would knit to the rest of the bill as it heals. I am just going on some guesswork, here, I admit. Though I have read a few online articles about mending beaks.

Back
Top Bottom