Muscovy keepers share your pics!

still waiting on 2 more eggs

I've just had Muscovy's this year, got the first ducklings in spring after seeing some chocolate Muscovy's at the poultry show. Mine are ages 3 months to probably 7 or 8 months. I started with a Lot of ducklings and have sorted down to a manageable number, 8 more sold and leaving tomorrow. What I'm keeping will be mostly chocolates and a couple of blacks, all solid with only the white on the wings as the standard calls for.

Does anyone here show their Muscovy? I've shown my Araucana's for the first time this year and it was a lot of fun to see the other birds and meet other breeders. We live on a 40 acre farm, 3 ponds, 2 in the backyard and I don't have other ducks or geese but I do have a couple of Mute Swans and they are getting along fine with the ducks. There are wild ducks and wild geese that come and go too. I also have some pheasants and rare breed chickens. Lots of fun at the zoo here. (I didn't mention the rest of the zoo)

I took tons of pictures all summer so I do have baby duckling pics but here are some of the ones I have now.

The 2 drakes I'm keeping

A few of the younger chocolate hens I'll keep

One of the older duckling hens, I can't wait till they're all mature and in adult feathering

A chocolate pied that I have sold, she leaves tomorrow to live on a large private lake with 4 others.

I'm on the fence with this one, I was told she is chocolate ripple. If ripple is a recessive gene, then
I'm not going to keep her. I haven't read up on it yet. There is precious little genetic information on these guys online.

OH! And hey everyone! Just found the thread and started reading backwards, in the middle and at the start......1025 pages of posts is a Lot to get through reading.
I show my muscovies!!!! yours are lovely especially that black one. the last one would be awesome to show during exhibition ( which is not a major competition, just for fun) and she's a rare color not noted by the APA but she would be lovey to breed with chocolates or lilacs to make lavender and a deep charcoal blue. Mainy because when color like that mates with black it imitates the dilution gene and makes the duckling a deer blue. or at least thats what happened with me

Last edited:
I show my muscovies!!!! yours are lovely especially that black one. the last one would be awesome to show during exhibition ( which is not a major competition, just for fun) and she's a rare color not noted by the APA but she would be lovey to breed with chocolates or lilacs to make lavender and a deep charcoal blue. 

I wish I could show my birds

So, Miss Lydia suggested I head over here with my question. Does anyone else breed Splash Muscovy. Not pied or random black feathers, but splash like splash chickens?

This photo was run through a sharpen on the editor to enhance the splash a little. The marks are a bit small.

Excuse how bad she looks, she was molting and throwing a tantrum. We lured her over with food and you can even see where she snorted food out her beak throwing a fit about being handled. If anyone else has splash, would they mind sharing some photos? And maybe some information on how They are getting splash?

Back
Top Bottom