Muscovy keepers share your pics!

It dropped to -19f here and the 3 muscovies moved themselves back over to the chicken area, for warmth and an overhead shelter. Trouble my littlest muscovy likes to get into the nesting box to sleep.

I think Truffle is done molting, she looks like she is getting much darker. Do the muscovies need water to mate?
They can mate without but i think it's easier for them if they have water. especially the girls them boys are heavy. lol

It dropped to -19f here and the 3 muscovies moved themselves back over to the chicken area, for warmth and an overhead shelter. Trouble my littlest muscovy likes to get into the nesting box to sleep.

I think Truffle is done molting, she looks like she is getting much darker. Do the muscovies need water to mate?
Muscovies don't need water to mate.

Lol

lol no they don't NEED water to mate but yeah it is eiser for them lol one year I had a drake drown a female but that almost never happens he was just inexperienced and never mated before haha
1f602.png

welcome-byc.gif
:)

Hey guys i feel like i havent been on in forever!, i'll be sure to post pics if i can later so y'all can see my ducks now that they have their winter feathers!

Also i got predator protects and alarms for christmas ( you know your a crazy duck person if you get presents for your ducks) #ducklife #crazyduckpeople

Lol
lol no they don't NEED water to mate but yeah it is eiser for them lol one year I had a drake drown a female but that almost never happens he was just inexperienced and never mated before haha
1f602.png
That's too bad, I have watched some of mine thinking one of my drakes would drown one but so far that hasn't happened. But I will vouch for the girls after mating they sure do love a bath.

:welcome  :)

Hey guys i feel like i havent been on in forever!, i'll be sure to post pics if i can later so y'all can see my ducks now that they have their winter feathers! 

Also i got predator protects and alarms for christmas ( you know your a crazy duck person if you get presents for your ducks) #ducklife #crazyduckpeople
missed u.

Back
Top Bottom