Muscovy keepers share your pics!

My Muscovies are liking the all the mud lol I like their enthusiasm it's making me like the mud too! But at the same time ALL MU HOSES ARE FROZEN AND TROUGHS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Yeah my ducks won't be able to have swimming water for a while because now I have to carry water in buckets to the coop
hmm.png
That's a bummer, I bought one of those X hoses last year so I can hook it up to my well since I usually use the spring water but the spring freezes, Using the Xhose helps me get water to all my heated buckets I just can't use the well for pools. Nice things about the Xhose too is after I am through I can get most of the water out of the hose put them down into a bucket bring the bucket inside and not have to deal with frozen hoses. or carry buckets from the house which I did for 9 yrs before I got these hoses. I have buckets with hoses in the house along with buckets of ff It's kinda like having a barn in your house.
tongue.png

It dropped to -19f here and the 3 muscovies moved themselves back over to the chicken area, for warmth and an overhead shelter. Trouble my littlest muscovy likes to get into the nesting box to sleep.

I think Truffle is done molting, she looks like she is getting much darker. Do the muscovies need water to mate?
NO and rarely will mate in that fashion, usually that is mallard derived, for instance my Pekin, calls and Buffs prefer this way... many of my muscovies here will never enter deeper water than a puddle.

That's too bad, I have watched some of mine thinking one of my drakes would drown one but so far that hasn't happened. But I will vouch for the girls after mating they sure do love a bath.
it's crazy how long they can hold there breath but that drake I had was not even a year old but somehow managed to drown her

it's crazy how long they can hold there breath but that drake I had was not even a year old but somehow managed to drown her
It is isn't it. Always makes me nervous to watch them mating in the pool but seems the girls know how to handle it.

Mine love their pools and spend alot of time in them, This time of year pool time only happens once in a while when the spring thaws and I can fill them.

Just wanted to drop in, happy new year everyone!!
1f604.png

After worrying about my ducks laying over 20 eggs, taking out 10, conatantly bothering the eggs.....I'm so happy my ducks are finally sitting.
1f62d.png
1f64f.png

They made their nest so beautiful too! Covered up with leaves, feathers lined up everywhere, and the weather on Guam has just been perfect.

Here's my drake always by himself now
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom