Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Question! Anybody!

Do I really have to candle the eggs? Or can I just leave it be till it's time to hatch...

So the candling process....

7 days after sitting, I just take all the eggs and put the light by it to check? I'm worried if I touch their eggs, they'll refuse to sit on them.

HI , I breed Khaki CAMPBELL ducks, but as they are such poor brooders, I have an adorable muscovy GERTRUDE, who loves taking over and is such a good mom, sitting and sitting. She has just hatched out 8 babies a few died ( not sure if she attacked them or they had defects).

My question, new to duck breeding, how many clutches should she sit on for the Khaki's, before it is not healthy for her. Surely she needs a break, but she is so committed.

KC BABIES with GeRTRUDE, protecting her babies. This is her second batch. T he campbells have layed more eggs for her so she is sitting again and looking after babies.

I dont think I am doing this correctly.

Just wanted to drop in, happy new year everyone!!
1f604.png

After worrying about my ducks laying over 20 eggs, taking out 10, conatantly bothering the eggs.....I'm so happy my ducks are finally sitting.
1f62d.png
1f64f.png

They made their nest so beautiful too! Covered up with leaves, feathers lined up everywhere, and the weather on Guam has just been perfect.

Here's my drake always by himself now
1f602.png
Congrats look forward to seeing some Scovy babies running around. Handsome drake too

Back
Top Bottom