Muscovy keepers share your pics!

New to owning muscovy ducks- these are my current babies.

**the black one is not mine- however I thought he was super cool looking- I am getting some ducklings that he fathers- hopefully I can get one like him- not really sure the chances of that haha

Attachments

• IMG_1170.JPG
    IMG_1170.JPG
    858.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    937.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1211.JPG
    IMG_1211.JPG
    787.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    548.8 KB · Views: 6
Feeling like a pile of steaming crud right now. A raccoon pulled a portion of the hardware cloth off the crate we let ducklings roam around in outside and took my first ever hatched muscovy duckling (which we named Chippy). I hadn't had an issue with it with the other ducklings that I had previous times (the last two years) so I didn't think anything of it when I left for two hours to run some errands.

I don't know how to tell my 4 year old. Feel like the bottom of a shoe.

Feeling like a pile of steaming crud right now. A raccoon pulled a portion of the hardware cloth off the crate we let ducklings roam around in outside and took my first ever hatched muscovy duckling (which we named Chippy). I hadn't had an issue with it with the other ducklings that I had previous times (the last two years) so I didn't think anything of it when I left for two hours to run some errands.

I don't know how to tell my 4 year old. Feel like the bottom of a shoe.

So sorry:hugs, when things like this happens it just makes us more aware of how important it is to always be on guard. So sad for your 4 yr old.
I think most of us have had to learn the hard way.:(

Is this Angel wing? I was going to sell her this week but now I'll probably keep her. Ive never had it before but I think thats what it is?
View attachment 1080810
View attachment 1080811
I wrapped one of my black Swedish ducklings, I used the figure 8 wrap with vet wrap, it worked! I kept her bound for about 7 days, I kept switching out a friend with her to keep her company. She was going crazy in the pen all by herself. That way there wasn't any problem with reintroducing her back into the flock.
Good luck!:love

Those are pretty big feet lol. I could tell boys from girls pretty easy when together but not apart. I'm pretty sure the girl with angel wing is one of yours. Her mom was white and fathers were black and blue. We're keeping her but I'm having a hard time getting wrap to stay on her. Down to 3 extra babies. Thinking about maybe eating them.... I don't really want to but we would like to start eating more of our own food... I don't know if I can do it. Chickens yes but my scovies... ugh hubby really wants to.

I'm having a really hard time keeping her wing wrapped. Trying to find a clear video of the figure 8 wrapping. Its so hot this week I'm worried shes going to overheat with it on in a smaller pen. Ugh

I'm having a really hard time keeping her wing wrapped. Trying to find a clear video of the figure 8 wrapping. Its so hot this week I'm worried shes going to overheat with it on in a smaller pen. Ugh
I finally had to use 2 safety pins to keep the vet tape on my Pekin. It worked, she kept the bandage on for over a week while her broken wing was healing. It worked!! She doesn't carry her wing any different than the others. :ya

Try putting a fan in with her to keep her cooler. It might help. I worried about her overheating as well, but she was in the shade with the fan and did just fine.

A good suggestion from my husband was when you start the wrap under the wing to be wrapped, leave a large amount sticking up so you can grab it with the safety pin. It really worked on my duck.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom