Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Do you find it hard to sell? boy I do I want to keep them all thats how I ended up with another drake, but he is up for sale now.
sad.png
I love them all.

It's definetly are to let them go :( But I know they are going to good homes.....we simply don't have the room for a million ducks

Thanks! They are very calm and sweet. Any idea what color they are? Their wings are almost silver colored and they have buff/tan chests.

Daisy just got her new stroller for when we go on long walks or visits! I got camo so now she looks like she's in a duck blind
big_smile.png

That is awesome!!! I am going to hatch myself a Scovie next year for a house duck (shhh.... don't tell the hubby ;) Cause the two I got are very happy being out with the chickens and want nothing to do with me... unless i have the hose... lol

I do love Daisy and all of your pictures/stories of her!!!!

When do Scovies start quacking? My two are 9 weeks old tomorrow and still chirping. I am guessing maybe 12-15 weeks for quacking? It's just funny seeing these big ducks (that are still growing) chirp when it looks like they should quack... lol

When do Scovies start quacking? My two are 9 weeks old tomorrow and still chirping. I am guessing maybe 12-15 weeks for quacking? It's just funny seeing these big ducks (that are still growing) chirp when it looks like they should quack... lol
Scovies vey rarely quack, the girls make a thrilling sound and boys hiss. About the only time i have heard mine quack is if one of the boys has grabbed ahold of the tail.

Scovies vey rarely quack, the girls make a thrilling sound and boys hiss. About the only time i have heard mine quack is if one of the boys has grabbed ahold of the tail.

Yeah not big on quacking unless you are my dusty, that one is a fog horn.. for no reason at all. By 9wks body structure will tell you, legs, feet.. overall sizing..

Last edited:

Yeah not big on quacking unless you are my dusty, that one is a fog horn.. for no reason at all. By 9wks body structure will tell you, legs, feet.. overall sizing..

Thanks! I can deal with that lol. Right now they chirp up a storm when I get close to them... at least the Drake does... the Duck is a little less vocal but still chirps away when she is in their pool!

Back
Top Bottom