Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I assume mule as well since it is 100% that he is a male but with no caruncles I figured he may not be full muscovy, plus he's not huge like I've seen with other muscovy males. I wouldn't be able to isolate him with any other girls right now but the one that he's currently with since unfortunately my male to female ratio is awful right now. We have young females that we just added but aren't of "interest" to the boys yet. I have seen him mount my other ducks but not the muscovy female he is with. Doesn't mean he hasn't I just haven't seen it, I would assume as with any male fowl he has to be mating her lol. I would have to try and collect her eggs but I haven't found any laid yet so either she's laying and I'm not aware of location or she's not laying (don't think that's the case) If I can find her location I will look at her eggs and see. I'm hoping he's a mule since I really don't care to have more ducklings that aren't female lol.
I rescued a couple Muscovy mixed ducks from the river years ago, they were the cutest boys funny as all get out, and It didn't matter to me if they were sterile because I had enough drakes and ducks [Muscovy breed] if I wanted any ducklings. Do you think someone dropped them off at your house?

I rescued a couple Muscovy mixed ducks from the river years ago, they were the cutest boys funny as all get out, and It didn't matter to me if they were sterile because I had enough drakes and ducks [Muscovy breed] if I wanted any ducklings. Do you think someone dropped them off at your house?

I don't think anyone dropped them off at the house but that doesn't mean they didn't dump them in the creek that leads to our house lol. We frequently find extra ducks here from time to time, they get dumped along the creek and while searching for food or safe place they end up finding our flock and stick around.

I don't think anyone dropped them off at the house but that doesn't mean they didn't dump them in the creek that leads to our house lol. We frequently find extra ducks here from time to time, they get dumped along the creek and while searching for food or safe place they end up finding our flock and stick around.
I've gotten a few from the Mt. River below our home that way. Muscovy's fly in and the others I've had to befriend and bring home.

I've gotten a few from the Mt. River below our home that way. Muscovy's fly in and the others I've had to befriend and bring home.
wee.gif
duck math lol....
celebrate.gif

Nice pair! their still young, i would bet by some point in this year you'll see something... is there appropriate area in which to nest?

I have nest boxes in the coop, but I think I need to make them a more suitable nesting area (although they are happy laying their eggs with the hens). I am actually thinking about separating them from the hens (so they get actual duck feed and will hopefully decide to make ducklings :)

I have nest boxes in the coop, but I think I need to make them a more suitable nesting area (although they are happy laying their eggs with the hens). I am actually thinking about separating them from the hens (so they get actual duck feed and will hopefully decide to make ducklings :)
Oh you'll most likely see something, I have 1 brooding and 2 more that want too. It's just beginning here. I am using a Large dog crate for my duck that's brooding it's just right for her and gives her space and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom