Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Was out cleaning the horses trough and had way to many ducks try to join in so i grabbed a few shots...

Here is BD the supreme drake... the boys were at it again this morning so if he looks like he's been through a washer it would be accurate..
smack.gif
My other white drake has blood all over him.. but nobody is gashed open or limping so?? i will have help later so going to grab them and check for wounds... just another day lol

and since the girls felt it was just soooo lovely out, it's +3C so for us that is swim time! so i filled some tubs, so they'd quit following my horse trough lol

Amazing how they will squeeze into these tubs... were set to get another storm tonight... winter clearly does NOT want to end.

Was out cleaning the horses trough and had way to many ducks try to join in so i grabbed a few shots...

Here is BD the supreme drake... the boys were at it again this morning so if he looks like he's been through a washer it would be accurate..
smack.gif
My other white drake has blood all over him.. but nobody is gashed open or limping so?? i will have help later so going to grab them and check for wounds... just another day lol

and since the girls felt it was just soooo lovely out, it's +3C so for us that is swim time! so i filled some tubs, so they'd quit following my horse trough lol

Amazing how they will squeeze into these tubs... were set to get another storm tonight... winter clearly does NOT want to end.
Pretty pics GQ, my that had to be some frigid water. We had a big fight on Sunday, I first broke it up and then thought ya know they need to establish dominance, so I opened the gate and watched, My youngest gave his dad a run for his money but dad came out on top, a little blood but not bad, it's more like Sumo wrestling So now we'll have peace for a while till Andy wants to try his luck again with his dad.

Last edited:
i have four muscovy ducks two hens and two drakes and they are about 6 months...how do i tell when my hens are going to lay...my drakes breed them all the time

i have four muscovy ducks two hens and two drakes and they are about 6 months...how do i tell when my hens are going to lay...my drakes breed them all the time
Do you have a safe quiet place for them to go to lay? it shouldn't be long now. And they are really good at hiding their eggs so if you have deep litter it may take a while.
big_smile.png

Pretty pics GQ, my that had to be some frigid water. We had a big fight on Sunday, I first broke it up and then thought ya know they need to establish dominance, so I opened the gate and watched, My youngest gave his dad a run for his money but dad came out on top, a little blood but not bad, it's more like Sumo wrestling So now we'll have peace for a while till Andy wants to try his luck again with his dad.

Actually, i had the hose running from my laundry tub so it was in between lol Yikes, you too with the boys? i came back out and was eerily quiet, the girls were all standing around staring at something, which was spot my biggest drake onto of BD so i left it, this went on for almost 5mins? as i said spot had blood on him but being white makes it look more dramatic than it probably was.

It's crazy, BD is smaller but he insists he wants to rule the roost and spot is generally a lover not fighter... i know they'll be at it again..

Last edited:
Actually, i had the hose running from my laundry tub so it was in between lol Yikes, you too with the boys? i came back out and was eerily quiet, the girls were all standing around staring at something, which was spot my biggest drake onto of BD so i left it, this went on for almost 5mins? as i said spot had blood on him but being white makes it look more dramatic than it probably was.

It's crazy, BD is smaller but he insists he wants to rule the roost and spot is generally a lover not fighter... i know they'll be at it again..
I found out where the blood was coming from on my boy. he must have pulled one of his claws loose it was bleeding pretty good, but after he got into the pool it stopped so I am thinking that cold water must have stopped the bleeding, I was thankful since i was planning on catching him to have a look. It's such a shame the boys can't live in peace since they have so many girls to keep them happy.
roll.png
Hope your guys didn't get beat up too bad.

I found out where the blood was coming from on my boy. he must have pulled one of his claws loose it was bleeding pretty good, but after he got into the pool it stopped so I am thinking that cold water must have stopped the bleeding, I was thankful since i was planning on catching him to have a look. It's such a shame the boys can't live in peace since they have so many girls to keep them happy.
roll.png
Hope your guys didn't get beat up too bad.

Ouch! one of my ducks is permanently missing a few nails, she came that way i think the breeder had some trouble catching them as they were NOT tame at all. I need to check the guys over this morning, last night you couldn't see anything and there was no new blood nor limping etc

We have been hit with another storm, so i have snow again(well more). The storm is supposed to continue throughout today but i have my kids home, so i'll grab one of them and have them help me check the boys over.

I agree, i wish they'd quit it. To be honest, BD would do better in a singular drake flock, i may end up selling him, especially if Dusty drops me another blue drake it'll be hard to turn down that opportunity again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom