Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Beautiful Scovy's
welcome-byc.gif
Ditto

I was out with my scovies feeding them when i noticed something the males are black
i always noticed that there was light and dark ones but now there old enough to sex
i can see all the males are dark and females light brown

my male

as babies

I was just wondering if this is common or if anyone has seen this. Its my first time crossing
colours and it just seemed strange to me

I was out with my scovies feeding them when i noticed something the males are black
i always noticed that there was light and dark ones but now there old enough to sex

my male

as babies

I was just wondering if this is common or if anyone has seen this. Its my first time crossing
Beautiful Scovy's and I've never heard of this before would it be called sex linked? They came from chocolate drake and all white mama?

my male

as babies

Lovely babies. Chocolate females and Black males carrying chocolate.
Chocolate is the only sex-linked gene.

my male

as babies

As sebastopol said....Chocolate is sex linked so even though I haven't seen this particular cross..... I have a Chocolate drake and a very light colored hen which I thought was silver but her daughters hatch out lilac & the two boys she hatched out were blue carrying chocolate. In fact all my lilac's that have hatched in the last two years have all been female.

Back
Top Bottom