Muscovy keepers share your pics!

The just taste like a regular egg to me. If you have trouble making a good omelet with a chicken's egg it will be easier with a muscovy egg because they hold together better when you try to flip them. The orange is darker, but the taste is the same.

And anything you bake is so much better using duck eggs. Enjoy! and good luck getting them eggs out from under your girls.
lol.png

And anything you bake is so much better using duck eggs. Enjoy! and good luck getting them eggs out from under your girls. :lol:
I know muscovies are *beeps* when it comes to taking their eggs. I had to sadly take my ducks eggs one time because they were infertile. :( I felt bad. And do did my hen waltsed around the yard coming at me a time or too. Why are they so broody?

I know muscovies are *beeps* when it comes to taking their eggs. I had to sadly take my ducks eggs one time because they were infertile.
sad.png
I felt bad. And do did my hen waltsed around the yard coming at me a time or too. Why are they so broody?
I have no idea why they are broody just in their nature to want to take over the world.
lol.png
My dh doesn't like ducks eggs so I mix them with our fresh chicken eggs and he doesn't know the difference.
wink.png
when scrambling. And I heard that over cooking can make the rubbery.

I know muscovies are *beeps* when it comes to taking their eggs. I had to sadly take my ducks eggs one time because they were infertile. :( I felt bad. And do did my hen waltsed around the yard coming at me a time or too. Why are they so broody?

I havent had that issue yet, mine will just lay else where in hope I dont find it, but their eggs are as well infertile

Couple scovy questions..
1. Can my now five month old drake fertilize eggs from eight females i left him with? others and about year and half drake getting mean to each other and hens, this one more sensitive and just starting to get pecking at them from being cooped up.

2. The two older females i traded for finally eating and drinking out of pails and clean, but they are still sorta bullying my scovys, especially my young males by the one new of two (thought was drake but coughed up an old golf ball or something and now quacks ect instead of off coughing sound made since i got). Should i try to pen them with older drake alone?

Back
Top Bottom