Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Hey guys!!

A few days ago we got 3 Muscovy girls, this is our first time with the breed. They are so calm and friendly, and super adorable! I love them so much.

I'm surprised how friendly they are, they will let me pet them even! With our other ducks that we have almost had for a year, if I even look in their direction, they will run away!

I put ACV in my chicken water and my ducks.. And fresh minced garlic in there feed occasionally as well.. It has to be raw Apple Cider Vinegar though.. I have a good friend of mine that makes it for me...

The new littles' first trip outside. Our Embden goslings, who are now about 6 wks old, did not like the new kids!

Well, it looks like I won't be able to find any Muscovy eggs here in San Antonio. We are leaving for the RGV tomorrow (my sister has a dance recital I can't miss) and the people I really wanted eggs from has not responded to any of my emails. I'm so sad!

Where I live, wild Muscovy ducks flourish in the ponds and are often seen flying around town. We live so close to Mexico; of course they would flourish. However, it seems like no one appreciates the versatility of this breed. The owner of the family-owned farm store I buy most of my birds from told me that nobody raises them anymore. I cannot say why, especially considering how cool Muscovys are!

Here at my farm and my small town, my muscovies are fixin to be everywhere because theyre building neighborhoods on both sides of the woods, so let's just say if I see any dogs on my land from those neighborhoods then haha
1f52b.png
they dead #swerve

Well, it looks like I won't be able to find any Muscovy eggs here in San Antonio. We are leaving for the RGV tomorrow (my sister has a dance recital I can't miss) and the people I really wanted eggs from has not responded to any of my emails. I'm so sad!

Where I live, wild Muscovy ducks flourish in the ponds and are often seen flying around town. We live so close to Mexico; of course they would flourish. However, it seems like no one appreciates the versatility of this breed. The owner of the family-owned farm store I buy most of my birds from told me that nobody raises them anymore. I cannot say why, especially considering how cool Muscovys are!
There is a law about raising them, maybe that's why no one is raising them? Do a search for it.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom