Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Hey guys, guess where i found meredith? out of the box and on my carpet, thank god she didnt poo ahahha and every time i close the door she starts making noises,i might put her infront of the tv to watch something ahhaha, but she has been standing up on both feet, or at least trying as she hasnt been able to move her right leg, but she is doing good and she is healthy

I made a post for those who need help, if they have a duck or any other animal who has contracted the toxin. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/946365/help-for-ducks-with-botulism

Also I'd like to say thank you to Miss Lydia who has been helping me since the start, thank you, you have been such a great friend and you are such a nice supportive person, because of you my duckling is getting much better :)

and I'd like to thank everyone else who has been checking up on meredith and who has been helping me aswell, you guys are amazing and nice so thank you :) xxx

Bunny I am just so thankful she is doing so well. Your TLC and fast intervention is what saved her. Do you have any idea what she may have eaten? About her leg, have you tried putting her in enough water to float[with you staying right with her] to see how the leg is working? maybe some massage would help too. Just can't tell you how happy I am to see her doing so well. She is one very lucky duck.

Bunny, I am so happy to read this about little Meredith. Sweet little girl is gonna grow up. You need and deserve credit for her surviving and she herself has proven she's strong willed. It's wonderful coming on here and reading about people's birds and having knowledgeable folks like Miss Lydia who care. When you get a chance do post some pics. No pressure and keep us in the loop.

Bunny I am just so thankful she is doing so well. Your TLC and fast intervention is what saved her. Do you have any idea what she may have eaten? About her leg, have you tried putting her in enough water to float[with you staying right with her] to see how the leg is working? maybe some massage would help too. Just can't tell you how happy I am to see her doing so well. She is one very lucky duck.
All we give her is the normal grower feed, the soil which i read from a page, is what mightve caused it, thankfully we are getting new grass and soil. The food mustve tipped onto the ground and got the toxin from the soil so yeah, and i might go put her in some water now :)

Bunny, I am so happy to read this about little Meredith. Sweet little girl is gonna grow up. You need and deserve credit for her surviving and she herself has proven she's strong willed. It's wonderful coming on here and reading about people's birds and having knowledgeable folks like Miss Lydia who care. When you get a chance do post some pics. No pressure and keep us in the loop.
I will i promise, i got a recording of her standing up and taking small steps, so I'll send you guys the link to that soon as well as pictures :)

That's great news Bunny!!
ya.gif

Hey guys, guess where i found meredith? out of the box and on my carpet, thank god she didnt poo ahahha and every time i close the door she starts making noises,i might put her infront of the tv to watch something ahhaha, but she has been standing up on both feet, or at least trying as she hasnt been able to move her right leg, but she is doing good and she is healthy

I made a post for those who need help, if they have a duck or any other animal who has contracted the toxin. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/946365/help-for-ducks-with-botulism

Also I'd like to say thank you to Miss Lydia who has been helping me since the start, thank you, you have been such a great friend and you are such a nice supportive person, because of you my duckling is getting much better :) 

and I'd like to thank everyone else who has been checking up on meredith and who has been helping me aswell, you guys are amazing and nice so thank you :) xxx

Im glad to hear your baby is ok :D my goslings would always climb out of their brooder(a plastic tub)when they got to about 2 months sigh they finally had to be moved out cause they wouldnt stay in there and they got too big :/ im a push over for biddies

Back
Top Bottom