Muscovy keepers share your pics!

We were so excited to come out to find these babies! 14. She doubled her second clutch. I am so excited, they're so cuddly.
Excruciatingly Cute. A miracle to my eyes. I wonder how she did it. If she could speak you could make a mint on the royalties.
bun.gif

Do baby 'scovies tend to have dry skin? Kiss Me, my drakelet, had an extensive bath time today and continually scratched his head and ears too. He also has a tiny skin patch showing where he scratches on one side a bit more. Any treatment in the diet you have tried that works for dry skin. He has not had a dust bath yet. He ignored the dirt and sand I gave him the first week. Maybe a fish oil in the crumble? Just if this has been a normal thing it would be good to know. My chicks can't reach their heads if they did have mites and we had Hell's Kitchen here with those things this summer. This guy is inside so I don't know what he has.
thanks in advance
caf.gif

A few shots of one or two of our family of Muscovies. 6 total, the brilliant green sheen on their wings and backs is simply amazing. And such a pleasure to be around. The bottom photo is Houdini. His (or her) name has meaning. It's hard to tell, but on the top of his / her head is a large scar where it was tore open to the point we could see the scalp. Houdini did it when escaping from a wire kennel we had three ducklings in. He then spent the next six weeks in solitary confinement while we slowly nursed him back to health. He's extremely timid still but I think he's going to make it now. Funny looking head and all. I'll post a few more this weekend if I can get better shots of the rest.

Troy & Tina

Do baby 'scovies tend to have dry skin? Kiss Me, my drakelet, had an extensive bath time today and continually scratched his head and ears too. He also has a tiny skin patch showing where he scratches on one side a bit more. Any treatment in the diet you have tried that works for dry skin. He has not had a dust bath yet. He ignored the dirt and sand I gave him the first week. Maybe a fish oil in the crumble? Just if this has been a normal thing it would be good to know. My chicks can't reach their heads if they did have mites and we had Hell's Kitchen here with those things this summer. This guy is inside so I don't know what he has.
thanks in advance
caf.gif

Ducklings can be a bit flaky( lol sound like i am speaking of pastry) anyways, that is kinda typical during the feather growth. Now if the baby is scratching loads and getting balds areas i would examine closely.

Ducks don't dust bathe, they bathe in water... they do love mud though.

A few shots of one or two of our family of Muscovies. 6 total, the brilliant green sheen on their wings and backs is simply amazing. And such a pleasure to be around. The bottom photo is Houdini. His (or her) name has meaning. It's hard to tell, but on the top of his / her head is a large scar where it was tore open to the point we could see the scalp. Houdini did it when escaping from a wire kennel we had three ducklings in. He then spent the next six weeks in solitary confinement while we slowly nursed him back to health. He's extremely timid still but I think he's going to make it now. Funny looking head and all. I'll post a few more this weekend if I can get better shots of the rest.

Troy & Tina

Very nice! i have a huge collection of this color range this year.

Hi
this is Kiss Me Daffy at three weeks. chocolate tipped body fluff. Looks like a dusky gene maybe.
He is proud of himself and is very outgoing. Top view to show newbies the shape of tail and yellow tipped small wings.
This guy grows right before my eyes. Bigger in the morning than the night before and still bigger this afternoon. Feathers are like armour so thick and strong. Funny how blue the beak is. Must be genes.

all tuckered out.
lol.png
Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom