Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Lovely 'scovies you have there! They're such great mothers...I find it tough to not let them hatch their eggs, but I'd quickly be overrun with ducks if I didn't take some away.
big_smile.png
X2!! sure makes me want some scovy ducklings though.
hide.gif

I am down to 5 scovy's now

LOL! I know I'm going to want to hatch more this summer (actually, I'd just let the mamas do it since their hatch rates are better than the incubator), but plan to try to exercise some restraint.
lau.gif
I don't even own an incubator always have let the ducks do the deed. But goodness they will take over the world if you let them. lol

frow.gif
welcome back. Beautiful scovies! I have some that look just like yours
smile.png

Ditto @FoodFreedomNow reply to your questions.
It is so much fun watching the mamas raise them and WAY easier, lol.

Thank you. I'm SE of Austin. Our girls lay year round here. You should be getting eggs soon, if not already... if yours are free ranging they could be laying where you can't find them. This mama of 15 was under a raised floor, lol. If I had found her in time I would have pulled some eggs from her.
Well fingers crossed I get some soon. I searched high and low and dont believe I have any yet but hopefully soon! We are in Lubbock, so a bit more North than you. I cant wait for eggs.

I don't even own an incubator always have let the ducks do the deed. But goodness they will take over the world if you let them. lol
Given everything going on int he world right now, I am trying to determine if a Muscovy take over would be a bad thing or not??? haha I dont think I would argue to just watching them all day!

My scovies are going to be SO happy this summer! Hubby and I today, decided that we're going to put in a large pond in the back of the yard. It's going to be something like 20' in diameter and 4' deep. Right now, all they have is a little kiddie pool to play in lol :) I can't wait till shoeing gets here. Spring fever always hits us right about now and we're ready to plant the garden and do everything outside that we can't do yet lol

My scovies are going to be SO happy this summer! Hubby and I today, decided that we're going to put in a large pond in the back of the yard. It's going to be something like 20' in diameter and 4' deep. Right now, all they have is a little kiddie pool to play in lol
smile.png
I can't wait till shoeing gets here. Spring fever always hits us right about now and we're ready to plant the garden and do everything outside that we can't do yet lol
Well congratulations look forward to seeing when finished sounds awesome!!

Lovely 'scovies you have there! They're such great mothers...I find it tough to not let them hatch their eggs, but I'd quickly be overrun with ducks if I didn't take some away.
big_smile.png
Meee too!

X2!! sure makes me want some scovy ducklings though.
hide.gif

I am down to 5 scovy's now
hide.gif
big_smile.png

LOL! I know I'm going to want to hatch more this summer (actually, I'd just let the mamas do it since their hatch rates are better than the incubator), but plan to try to exercise some restraint.
lau.gif
No restraint here
hide.gif

Well fingers crossed I get some soon. I searched high and low and dont believe I have any yet but hopefully soon! We are in Lubbock, so a bit more North than you. I cant wait for eggs.
Be sure to let us know when you find the first one
smile.png

My scovies are going to be SO happy this summer! Hubby and I today, decided that we're going to put in a large pond in the back of the yard. It's going to be something like 20' in diameter and 4' deep. Right now, all they have is a little kiddie pool to play in lol
smile.png
I can't wait till shoeing gets here. Spring fever always hits us right about now and we're ready to plant the garden and do everything outside that we can't do yet lol
YEAH for your scovies! You will be happier too
smile.png
I remember the days of filling and cleaning kiddie pools.

Back
Top Bottom