Muscovy keepers share your pics!

These two ended up in jail.

Pluto and Milky way.

I have 2 girls who are not nice to the other Scovy girls too.

A couple of my older ducks periodically act like "mean girls" to some of the younger ducks or even others in their original group. They pick on the victim for a while (nothing serious, mostly things like taking a jab when the target duck approaches the food bowl) and then seem to get bored and it stops. Most of the ducks are real sweethearts, but a couple aren't. In retrospect, I should have named them "Heather". lol

A couple of my older ducks periodically act like "mean girls" to some of the younger ducks or even others in their original group. They pick on the victim for a while (nothing serious, mostly things like taking a jab when the target duck approaches the food bowl) and then seem to get bored and it stops. Most of the ducks are real sweethearts, but a couple aren't. In retrospect, I should have named them "Heather". lol

Both of these two keep mounting the Pekings. And they are much bigger than any of my other groups of Muscovy. I'm guessing that size varies obviously depending on what their parents and such. If the lavender one is a girl she's six months old and almost as big as Neptune who's almost two. And the three females I got last week are about a year old and half the size of these two. The blue girl and these two are probably the friendliest to me and the meanest to everyone else. Hopefully they chill out soon!

Hi I'm on day 36 of Incubating my Muscovy eggs. I have everything set ok temperature lowered slightly and humidity about 55% I'm sure I can hear them cheeping and little scratching noises. How long from this will they hatch if any? I'm starting to worry. Can I candle the eggs? Or shall I leave them alone and try be patient? Thanks.
1f60a.png

Hi I'm on day 36 of Incubating my Muscovy eggs. I have everything set ok temperature lowered slightly and humidity about 55% I'm sure I can hear them cheeping and little scratching noises. How long from this will they hatch if any? I'm starting to worry. Can I candle the eggs? Or shall I leave them alone and try be patient? Thanks.
1f60a.png
@Ren2014 has Muscovy's hatching quite often.

Try to def be patient Ducklings take a long time to hatch. They like to make us sweat. lol

Welcome to BYC @Farmer Maz In the meantime while your patiently waiting some good info https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-and-hatching-muscovy-eggs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom