Muscovy keepers share your pics!

This also happened to me! I bought my Mocha from a man who let her hatch her ducklings. The day she hatched them, I bought her and all her ducklings. But I kept them separated and sold the ducklings. Once she started laying again I took her eggs and then she disappeared for about 3 weeks. That is when I followed her and found out she made a nest under the brand new coop I built and hadn't allowed any ducks into. a couple weeks later she popped out from under the coop with 5 ducklings!

This is Harvey, my little trash can baby. I discarded some eggs after a Mama left with her hatchlings... 5 days later and we were buckling everything down for hurricane Harvey and I hear cheeps coming from the trash can. I dug through the trash and found him with an external pip, no zip. I brought him inside and helped him out of his shell. His egg sac was completely absorbed. He has just a touch of white on each eye like liner, lol.
Harvey 20170826 (3).jpg Harvey 20170826 (2).jpg
All through the storms I kept having little hatchlings show up with out a mama. I scooped them up as I found them and brought them inside. Yesterday I found a nest with 2 that had just hatched. This mama had already moved on with the early hatches. I scooped those two up and the remaining eggs. 3 of the eggs have since hatched in my incubator. They are hatching like popcorn. And to think all of the worry and trouble I went through trying to incubate eggs myself, lol.

I have been testing a theory! It goes like this. Would my hatch rate be better if I took the eggs after the duck started setting on them, would my hatch rate be better if mother duck was setting on them for a couple weeks - to right before hatch. So far my best hatch rates are 95% hatching after mother has been setting for a couple weeks, and 100% a couple days before hatch. I like to believe the mothers give them the "real" bloom once they start setting on them.

Also I'm trading a guy 10 laying female quails for 4 lovely Muscovies! 1 Male and 3 females. 1 is Lilac (Blue fawn)!!! 2 are white and 1 is a black pied.

(Still looking for Lavenders...)

Here is a picture of the Lilac and black pied!! Finally getting a Lilac for a good price!
20160918_144812.jpg

Back
Top Bottom