Muscovy keepers share your pics!

New Muscovy owner here! They all seem to have the same pattern except for one who has more yellow, which I know will be predominately white when he/she gets older. Anyone have babies that had this pattern and a photo of what the adult feathers turned out like? I met the momma duck in a flash (but she was very sweet!) and was more focused on the little ones when I picked them up. She was the classic black and white, while dad was almost all black. In the third pic you can see what I mean about the one who is slightly different. Has a yellow little butt! :love Tried to get better individual photos but those little guys can SCOOT! haha
View attachment 1461287 View attachment 1461288 View attachment 1461289
Very cute. I think the yellow with the cap on the head means something, but I can't remember. I am sure someone will chime in. Muscovies are so fun to watch feather in since they keep changing. Mine still haven't finished their final feather changes and they are 4 months old. The changes are slower at this point though.

New Muscovy owner here! They all seem to have the same pattern except for one who has more yellow, which I know will be predominately white when he/she gets older. Anyone have babies that had this pattern and a photo of what the adult feathers turned out like? I met the momma duck in a flash (but she was very sweet!) and was more focused on the little ones when I picked them up. She was the classic black and white, while dad was almost all black. In the third pic you can see what I mean about the one who is slightly different. Has a yellow little butt! :love Tried to get better individual photos but those little guys can SCOOT! haha
View attachment 1461287 View attachment 1461288 View attachment 1461289
I believe they are all wild type blacks, but I'm not really up,on colors myself.

https://alsquackery.weebly.com/muscovy-ducks.html

Here's one site I look at.

IMG_20180709_090021_157.jpg
These are my 2 juveniles! Almost 4 months old.

Blackie has more mask makes me think drake do both lay?

Not seen Amelia lay yet, but Blacky definitely lays! Had an egg from her not too long ago. Also she doesn't hiss and has all the female traits. :)

I have unfortunately some heartbreaking news regarding Blacky.
She has been missing for a week. The ducks I keep are free roam on a pond which is located next to my house, and they can fly. Blacky's story is a strange one. She just appeared one day, turned up out of the blue. There she was, sitting on the fence. I had no idea what she was (at first I thought she was some sort of eagle from a distance, hahaha), so I looked up "duck with red face" on Google and I was then introduced to the World of Muscovies.
She stayed with us for months, I fed her and she followed me everywhere, always wagging her tail and chuckling at me whenever I said hello to her.

I do not know where she went or what happened to her, I just hope she is happy and OK, wherever she is. I'm still processing it and it breaks my heart to talk about it. She was beautiful. Amelia misses her very much. The wild ducks started to get a bit rowdy and started to barge in at feeding times, and the Muscovies and Call ducks got upset at this. I'm thinking maybe she just flew away due to overcrowding (It's a huge pond but it can get ugly when I feed them because there's just so many in one spot. I'm trying my best to spread the feed out and try to discourage the wild ducks from feeding with my own.)
I'm not sure about a fox because surely it would have come and taken some of the other ducks already, plus there's no sign of a struggle or killing.

Not seen Amelia lay yet, but Blacky definitely lays! Had an egg from her not too long ago. Also she doesn't hiss and has all the female traits. :)

She has been missing for a week. The ducks I keep are free roam on a pond which is located next to my house, and they can fly. Blacky's story is a strange one. She just appeared one day, turned up out of the blue. There she was, sitting on the fence. I had no idea what she was (at first I thought she was some sort of eagle from a distance, hahaha), so I looked up "duck with red face" on Google and I was then introduced to the World of Muscovies.
She stayed with us for months, I fed her and she followed me everywhere, always wagging her tail and chuckling at me whenever I said hello to her.

I do not know where she went or what happened to her, I just hope she is happy and OK, wherever she is. I'm still processing it and it breaks my heart to talk about it. She was beautiful. Amelia misses her very much. The wild ducks started to get a bit rowdy and started to barge in at feeding times, and the Muscovies and Call ducks got upset at this. I'm thinking maybe she just flew away due to overcrowding (It's a huge pond but it can get ugly when I feed them because there's just so many in one spot. I'm trying my best to spread the feed out and try to discourage the wild ducks from feeding with my own.)
I'm not sure about a fox because surely it would have come and taken some of the other ducks already, plus there's no sign of a struggle or killing.
Hope she turns up.

Probably flew away. Hopefully she comes back to visit. I've had that experience before, (not with a Muscovy) so I know how you feel.

Back
Top Bottom