Muscovy mix?!?

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
5 Years
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
Hey there y’all, my Muscovy hatched a duckling and I’m wondering if you can help me out? It’s egg looked like a Muscovy, but it definitely would be a mix if anything. Thank you for any help and advice :)
70C92BEB-730B-426F-83D8-66F0876F2784.jpeg
ECA006DF-9110-4334-A479-F483701DDD54.jpeg
FBC3A366-E88E-41BE-BBEF-C54DE8F1CAA9.jpeg

It looks like a pure Muscovy to me. So cute! :love

But then I've never seen a Muscovy cross as a duckling. I'm not sure how different they look. You might have to wait until it's closer to an adult to know. You have Muscovy drakes and non-Muscovy drakes in the same area?

Edit: The tail and bill look like a Muscovy's, anyway. The color seems a bit odd.

It looks like a pure Muscovy to me. So cute! :love

But then I've never seen a Muscovy cross as a duckling. I'm not sure how different they look. You might have to wait until it's closer to an adult to know. You have Muscovy drakes and non-Muscovy drakes in the same area?

Edit: The tail and bill look like a Muscovy's, anyway. The color seems a bit odd.
Yes, they all live in the same pen.

Hello All, I have a young Peking that has joined my Moscovy flock. All are getting along. I am wondering if the Peking will try to mate with the Moscovys? Would that be a problem? Thanks! And Happy (almost) New year!! 🎉
He definitely might try, I had a Indian Runner drake mate my Muscovy hen! It would be a good idea to get him some females of his kind because Muscovies communication is different then other ducks!! Also, Happy (almost) New Year!!!

Back
Top Bottom