Muscovy mood

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sharonmomof3, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Sharonmomof3

Sharonmomof3 New Egg

Aug 17, 2013
    We have a Muscovy female. We found her at my husbands work. She was a pet & someone dumped her. So we brought her home. She was loveable, sweet & gentle. We do not know how old she is. We have had her for 4 months. She is now loosing feathers like crazy, mean as hell, chasing after the dog, biting etc. Is this normal molting behavior? Will it pass? We feed her very well. She eat, live feeders, duck meal, bread, crawfish. She is quite the little piggy as I don't think she was ever feed as well as we feed her lol. What should we do about her behavior. Our dog is a service animal for our youngest autistic son & is not aggressive in any way. But she is biting everyone not just the dog. Sometimes we can hold her without an issue but doesn't last long.

Thanks,
    Sharon

2. ChickenAndMore

ChickenAndMore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    Texas
    Does she have any eggs? She may have went broody.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    It does sound like broody behavior. It really just has to run it's course. I have 3 right now that are broody and one is mean as the dickens. Hang in there it will pass in about 35 days. Give her some golf balls to sit on. and bless you for taking her in. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by