Muscovy on patio roof 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

I've seen this with Mallards and Wood ducks, but how is she going to keep the eggs from rolling off the roof since she can't carry bedding up there to put them in to keep them from rolling? Thankfully our roofs are too steep for any of our muscovy to be on but that didn't stop one from doing the limbo and making a nest under the ramp going into their coop how she ever got under there is beyond me.
If u watch the video theres clearly bedding shes made. And made a wall aroudn them. There def not rolling out of her nest … i removed all those eggs that she didnt want.

Attachments

• IMG_4942.png
    IMG_4942.png
    556.7 KB · Views: 11
What about once hatched? I'd be worried about the babies falling and hurting themselves
Everything ive read said this is completely normal. (For mallards / wood ducks, and muscovies) They hatch in trees / elevated areas al the time. Once they get the courage they dive out. Then momma makes a nest on ground.

I watched a video of some wood ducks bouncing out a 30 ft tree hole straight to ground, muscovies 6-8 ft, This patio is about 11.

Everything ive read said this is completely normal. (For mallards / wood ducks, and muscovies) They hatch in trees / elevated areas al the time. Once they get the courage they dive out. Then momma makes a nest on ground.

I watched a video of some wood ducks bouncing out a 30 ft tree hole straight to ground, muscovies 6-8 ft, This patio is about 11.
I probably worry too much- barnacle geese nest up high and their goslings have to literally jump off cliffs.... Still, I'd worry lol.

I hope that all goes well with your beautiful Muscovy! Please keep us updated. My white Muscovy would admire your girl’s secret nest. She keeps trying to leave home to start a family while out on foraging walks. Her eggs are not fertile and we have too many predators, so I just pick her up and return her to the flock over and over and over… Muscovies sure are special!

Back
Top Bottom