Muscovy owners please help!!

I've actually successfully stopped the naughty behaviour by turning him, her, whatever, upside down until I get calmness then she, him seems to settle. So thank you for that.

I've uploaded some photos of Fergus on outside and one of him/her on her belly scratching a nest out of paper. Tell me what you guys think.

I wanna see the photos! Can you link them here? As for being a girl, wow, I dunno, hun. I've heard of females acting dominant and males being somewhat femmy, but I don't think I've ever seen a drake make a nest. As for sexing, it's easy to mistake a boy for a girl when you vent them, but there's no mistaking a little boy, lemme tell ya! I guess all we can do is wait and see. I do hope you get Ferg a companion though, many of us have tried to keep a lone duck but only one or two have succeeded. They're just such social creatures, it's not right to leave them all on their own.

She is always with one of us. A friend is definitely something we want to get for Ferg but for now she will just have to put up with me and my partner haha. Tonight Ferg is in one of the usual cranky and bitey moods so I will take a video of her behaviour, get some close ups, I'll get a shot of the belly and show you how many fingers I can fit across and I'll video the nests too. I'll post a video to YouTube and if you watch it hopefully it will give everyone a better idea of what's going on with my precious ducka

Ok I put some photos up under my avatar folder and I've got a video up on YouTube. Sorry in advance for the way I carry on I just love my ducka. I've got more videos of bath time and one of me sneaking and catching the little cutey trying to nest in some clothes left on the floor but I'll put those up later.

I wanna see the photos! Can you link them here? As for being a girl, wow, I dunno, hun. I've heard of females acting dominant and males being somewhat femmy, but I don't think I've ever seen a drake make a nest. As for sexing, it's easy to mistake a boy for a girl when you vent them, but there's no mistaking a little boy, lemme tell ya! I guess all we can do is wait and see. I do hope you get Ferg a companion though, many of us have tried to keep a lone duck but only one or two have succeeded. They're just such social creatures, it's not right to leave them all on their own.

If as many people as possible could watch and tell me what you think that would be amazing. I think I'm addicted to filming the pure cuteness now.

She is always with one of us. A friend is definitely something we want to get for Ferg but for now she will just have to put up with me and my partner haha. Tonight Ferg is in one of the usual cranky and bitey moods so I will take a video of her behaviour, get some close ups, I'll get a shot of the belly and show you how many fingers I can fit across and I'll video the nests too. I'll post a video to YouTube and if you watch it hopefully it will give everyone a better idea of what's going on with my precious ducka
Eeeeee, I wanna see your precious ducks.

Ok I put some photos up under my avatar folder and I've got a video up on YouTube. Sorry in advance for the way I carry on I just love my ducka. I've got more videos of bath time and one of me sneaking and catching the little cutey trying to nest in some clothes left on the floor but I'll put those up later.

that video was awesome. She is a cutie. I love her soft body and tail wagging. I am stoked you guys love her so much. Please get ahold of Miss Lydia. She has lots of scovies. The flying thing would freak me out. God forbid something gets her.

Thank you, I'm so glad I joined this forum. People don't really understand how much personality ducks have until you actually have one imprint on you. My friends think we are so strange for keeping a duck so it's nice to meet some people who appreciate how beautiful they are.
that video was awesome. She is a cutie. I love her soft body and tail wagging. I am stoked you guys love her so much. Please get ahold of Miss Lydia. She has lots of scovies. The flying thing would freak me out. God forbid something gets her.

Thank you, I'm so glad I joined this forum. People don't really understand how much personality ducks have until you actually have one imprint on you. My friends think we are so strange for keeping a duck so it's nice to meet some people who appreciate how beautiful they are.
You're welcome. You've come to the right place. I completely get it. I do not own ducks. Have a pair of zebra finches that I love sooo much. But ducks. Love them. Obsessed with them. Cannot own because I am a renter in a small townhouse. Anyway, ducks are extremely cute. Wild, domestic, I do not care. They are funny and I get so much enjoyment on here chatting and reading and watching all there is regarding people's birbs.

I have never owned a pet before in my entire life. Growing up I had a dog but she was not an animal that craved human attention. I never had a second thought about the big issues surrounding treatment of animals. Since owning this beautiful duck I have found myself taking interest in animal cruelty and even cut back my meat intake by at least half. This **** duck has totally changed my outlook on life. Imagining this little thing in pain has driven me to the point that eating poultry makes me so sad. I can't express enough how amazing these animals are when they imprint on you. I will raise ducks for the rest of my life. Oh and we found out she is definitely a girl.
You're welcome. You've come to the right place. I completely get it. I do not own ducks. Have a pair of zebra finches that I love sooo much. But ducks. Love them. Obsessed with them. Cannot own because I am a renter in a small townhouse. Anyway, ducks are extremely cute. Wild, domestic, I do not care. They are funny and I get so much enjoyment on here chatting and reading and watching all there is regarding people's birbs.

Back
Top Bottom